I just glared at my sister.

          Veronica just looked at me and let out a snort as she pushed me out her way. "So how long has it been since Victor and I have seen you, huh?" She asked as she started laying out all the things she had bought from the grocery. She took a pause as she calculated the years. "Victor and I had just finished University when you were twelve and--"

          "Once you went to law school in Ottawa and Victor went off to medical school in Toronto, you guys stopped visiting me when I was, like, fourteen or something. So... yeah, I haven't seen you two for over four years already," I said, cutting her off. There was a ten year difference between my siblings and I so we were never really that close. If anything, I was more like their personal slave then their actual little brother.

          My sister just shrugged as she began washing the vegetables. "Well, did you even want to see us?" She asked, curiously.

          "No."

          My whole life my parents spent their time comparing me to people such as Carson but ever since i could remember, they had been comparing to my sister and brother since the day I decided to pick up the guitar.

          Veronica looked over her shoulder then pouted. "Then there's nothing to be really upset over, right?" She asked.

          "No."

          "Then wipe off that ugly frown you have on your face. You're making it seem like I abandoned you or something." my sister snapped.

          I stuck my tongue at her when she turned around. "Bitch," I muttered under my breathe.

          "What?"

          I coughed. "Nothing."

          "Anyway," my sister continued. "How's life?"

          "Fantastic," I replied, sarcastically. "How's yours?"

          My sister held out her left hand and automatically I noticed a diamond ring on her ring finger. A very cheap looking diamond but I suppressed my urge to make that derogatory comment. However, another negative comment slipped out of my mouth. 

          "Who the hell would marry you?" I asked, shocked.

          Veronica turned off the tap and turned around to face me. I was exactly a head taller then her but it was obvious that she was much older than I was-- almost too old. At only twenty-eight, I could already see the deep bags under her eyes and they were probably caused by working on difficult cases.  She looked tired and worn out-- like always. She would have probably looked more youthful if she learned how to give people a genuine smile.

          "You're so rude," Veronica stated.

          "And you're not?"

          Veronica heaved out a heavy just as Carson walked in wearing a simple white shirt and sweatpants. "Wanna help me make dinner, Carson?" She asked.

          Carson half-smiled. "Sure--"

          "No, she's not," I responded, crossing my arms. "I'm going to drop her off at her place now."

          Veronica had her eyebrows raised. "I think she can speak for herself--"

          "Come on, Carson," I said, grabbing her wrist and hauling her out of the room. Just as I was about to open the front door for her, Carson yanked her hand away from mine.