Chapter 27

After i drank the hot cocoa that Clary made for me i showered and changed into new clothes.

As i soon wore red sneakers i heard an alarm went off so i ran out of my bedroom and went downstairs and saw on the monitor that something was approaching the institute. "What's going on?" I asked them. "It looks like someone is trying to break in." Said isabelle. "Could be the circle." Jace said. We all started walking towards the entrance. As we got outsude everyone took out their seraph blades leaving me unarmed. "I should have brought my sword. Dang it." I said to myself but then i saw a figure holding someone bridal style. "Hey,you!" I yelled at them, alarming everyone. "Don't move." Jace said. "Drop what you're holding. Put your hands up." Alec said. Clary started running in the middle and with her seraph blade in her hand.

When the figure turned around i saw that it was Raphael the vampire that took me that night and he was holding...Simon. "Oh my god, Simon!" I said.

_________________________

As we layed Simon down on the table, me and Clary started crying. "Simon...what happened to you..." i said while holding his hand. "People will be wondering what we found outside the perimeter." Jace said. "I'll go. I'll tell them we did'nt find anything. Nobody will come down here anyways." Alec said and went upstairs. "I might be a vampire but i was raised a good Catholic." The guy which i learned is Raphael said.

"The vampires breached the Accords. Killing Simon grounds for war." Said Isabelle. "The vampires were not behind this-" but before he could continue i cut him off "Then who did?! Who killed my bestfriend?!" I shouted at him. "It was Camille. It was just Camille. She attacked Simon on her own." He said. Camille? Is she the same person that killed my parents? " And how do we know you're telling the truth?" I asked him. "I could have gotten rid of him, but instead i brought him here. I don't want trouble with the shadowhunters." Raphael said.

"Smart decision." Izzy and i said to him. "I warned the mundane to stay away but camille gave him the taste of her own blood, and like an addict...he came back wanting more." Said Raphael. "The only reason Simon ever tasted Camilles's blood is because of you. You kidnapped him! You drug him to Hotel DuMort. You- You delivered him to Camille!" Clary said to him in anger. "I never meant for this to happen." But when he said that i got angry. "Then why did you kept him hostage?! You could have just let him go! You did'nt have to obey Camille's orders! But now because of you he's dead! Simon is dead!" I said to him and i could'nt stop myself from crying. "Simon. Simon, please come back, please!" Clary said and hugged him while she cried. I went towards Simon and hugged him too and me and Clary both cried. "There is a way." And as soon as he said that, me and Clary lifted our heads from Simon's chest and looked at him. "A 'way' what?" Jace asked. "A way to bring Simon back." Raphael said. "You can do that?" Clary asked him. "How? How?" I asked him, desperate.

"He's a fledgling. It's a state of transition. Your friend can be resurrected." The moment he said that Jace and Izzy started denying it. "So we could have Simon back?" I asked him with full of hope. He nodded his head. "Alive and breathing?" Clary asked but then izzy answered, "That's just it. He won't return alive or breathing. He'll be a vampire." What..?

"And not the sexed up, romantic kind. The ugly, bloodsucking, coffin-dwelling kind." Jace said while looking at Raphael. "That's offensive" Raphael said while leaning back on the bench he's sitting at. "Really?" Jace said, sarcasticlly.

"Coffin implies wooden box. We have caskets now. They're made of 14-karat gold." Raphael said in a cocky tone. Jace clicked his tongue and said "My bad.". "It's almost sunrise." He said and got up. "Simon must be turned into a vampire tonight or staked through the heart." And he said that i almost attacked him but Jace stopped me.