Chapter 19

The end of this chapter may be a bit crazy but bear with me because I have something good planned (I think) :)

*****

"You took my sister into the woods?"

"Where is she? Where is Lizzie?"

"Hope, haven't you caused enough damage already? When will it all end?"

"Where the hell is my daughter? What have you done to her?"

They thought she was responsible for Lizzie's disappearance. Lizzie, the only person who had ever truly tried to understand Hope's situation. "Shut up!" Hope screamed. A burst of magic burst out of her, sending Josie, Alaric, Penelope, Rebekah, and Freya all scrambling to maintain their balance. "I had nothing to do with this!" Hope said in desperation. "If I had, why would I be telling you any of this?"

"Is that even a question?" laughed Penelope. "Because you love letting everyone know that you're a villain who will go to all ends necessary to give her reputation a boost for the worse."

Hope opened her mouth, but no words came out. There was nothing she could say to that, not when it was so true. Wasn't wreaking havoc and boasting about it to the supernatural community of Mystic Falls all she'd been doing since her father had abandoned her?

"You have to believe me," Hope pleaded. "Each second we spend arguing is each second Lizzie's captors get further away from us!"

Nobody wanted to trust what she had to say. And really, could Hope blame them? She had given them every right not to heed her words.

"Hope is right," Freya said.

Everyone stared at her.

"Our priority should be finding your daughter, Alaric. We can argue with Hope later."

Argue with? Hope didn't want to argue with them, she wanted to help them find Lizzie.

"Aunt Freya, what are you doing?" Hope began to back away when Freya's eyes glowed gold. While she was distracted by this strange sight, Rebekah clamped a pair of magic-dampening cuffs onto Hope's wrists.

"Onon de es Sinj un Ctas, on Gu ol De," Freya chanted.

Something inside Hope's gut lurched forward. She bent backwards, then keeled over forwards as her insides began to squirm. Onon de es Sinj un Ctas... That spell was ancient, having first been created by... Hope racked her brain, trying to place her memories.

Esther Mikaelson. She had used that spell to enchant a starling necklace, thus suppressing her son's werewolf aggression and strength.

Her forehead beaded with sweat, Hope forced herself to look at her two aunts. What were they doing to her?

"What the bloody hell is happening here?"

Kol. It was Kol, he had appeared in the doorway.

"Never you mind, brother. This is family business, and since you've made yourself abundantly clear you wish to have nothing to do with us, leave," Rebekah said.

"You're killing her!"

"First of all, the tribrid can't be killed," Penelope said, her sass present in her voice as ever. "And secondly, your sisters are simply extinguishing Hope's powers for a while."

"Why?" Kol sputtered.

"So she doesn't get in the damn way when we begin searching for my daughter," Alaric spat.

"I didn't do it," Hope said. Tears were pouring out of her eyes now, not because of the unfairness of it all, but because she was worried sick about what might happen to Lizzie if they didn't start moving now.