Chapter 9

"You look terrible," Penelope said.

Lizzie looked up. She had just entered the Salvatore School, to find that Penelope was staring back at her with a disgusted look on her face.

"Like, more terrible than usual," Penelope added.

"Move over," Lizzie grumbled, shoving her aside as she headed for the stairs.

"Do you know where Josie is? I saw her during magic class, but she kind of disappeared after that," Penelope said.

"Maybe she finally realized what a stuck up narcissist you are, and decided to leave you for good," Lizzie suggested.

"Shut up, Saltzman," Penelope snarled.

"Quit following me," Lizzie scowled, when Penelope continued to tail her.

"No," Penelope shrugged. "I'm bored. And since Josie's gone, I'm gonna go ahead and do what I do best- Annoy you."

"What a sad way to live," Lizzie said. She entered the library, pulled out a few books, and set them down on a desk.

"What are you doing?" Penelope asked.

"Trying to find a good jinx to use," Lizzie muttered.

"On who? Me?" Penelope asked with a smirk.

But when Lizzie didn't answer with a snappy comeback, Penelope's face fell.

"Don't tell me you're planning on going after Hope Mikaelson," Penelope said. "Lizzie!"

"It's none of your damn business," Lizzie said.

"You're going to go and get yourself killed," Penelope said. "And as much as I hate you, you're still my girlfriend's sister, and-"

"Fine!" Lizzie yelled, shutting her book angrily. "Fine. I won't go after her, okay? Now will you just leave me alone?"

"You think I'm going to believe you, just like that?" Penelope snorted. "No way. I'm going to be surveilling you for the next forty eight hours, just in case you decide to do something stupid, like you always do."

Penelope kept her word. All throughout dinner, Penelope sat in front of Lizzie without taking her eyes off of her, not even for one second.

When Penelope even followed Lizzie into her bedroom, Lizzie began to seriously consider using a hex on Penelope.

That's when Lizzie's phone began to ring.

"Hello?" Lizzie picked it up with a frown.

"L-Lizzie?" MG's voice was heard.

"MG. Hey," Lizzie smiled, shooting Penelope a glare before hopping onto her bed. "How are things? How was your first day?"

"Um- Not good," MG said.

Lizzie frowned. MG sounded nervous- Scared, even.

"What do you mean?" Lizzie asked.

"This is going to sound like a strange request, but- Lizzie, I need you to come to the Mikaelson Academy. Like, right now. I'm in the locker room underneath the arena. Come quick, please," MG said.

"O-Okay," Lizzie said, alarmed at how panicked MG sounded.

"Where are you going?" Penelope snapped, when Lizzie made her way towards the door.

"The Mikaelson Academy. MG needs me, and-"

"Whoa, whoa," Penelope laughed. "You really think I'm going to let you go to the Mikaelson Academy, after what you were doing in the library earlier?"