Chapter 14

Lizzie

"God, she really did a number on this place, didn't she?" Penelope shook her head in disbelief. She had just finished casting a Confoundment Charm on the police officers surrounding Mystic Falls High so that she and Lizzie could sneak inside.

"What spell do you think she used?" Penelope wondered.

"Why? Planning on following in Hope's footsteps? Thinking of blowing up the Salvatore School?" Lizzie snorted.

"No, but I'd like to blow up the Mikaelson School," Penelope said.

"You sure? If you did that, not only would Freya have the entire place fixed in two seconds, but you'd also be dead in two seconds."

"Aw, Lizzie," Penelope slung her arm over Lizzie's shoulder. "Are you worried for me?"

"Don't push it, Park," Lizzie shrugged her off. "I think we should split up."

"I'll take the second floor, you take the first?" Penelope suggested, then rushed away without waiting for an answer.

"Penelope!" Lizzie shouted after her. "Penelope, I don't have magic! I need to siphon you!"

Penelope groaned, and turned back around. "Stupid siphon witch," she muttered.

"Dumb dark haired bitch," Lizzie snapped back.

Once Penelope left, Lizzie drew forth her magic and prepared to cast a Revealing Spell. It seemed like the police had already searched the rubble-filled hallways, so Lizzie decided to go someplace where they hadn't been yet; Hopefully someplace where she would be able to find and destroy the clues before anyone else found them.

Lizzie soon found that the door leading into the gymnasium had collapsed in on itself. She used her magic to lift the large amount of debris out of the way, and crawled in through the entrance.

"What the..." Lizzie stared up at the gymnasium wall.

Well. She wouldn't be needing to cast that Revealing Spell anymore.

Written across the wall in large, bold red letters were the words, 'Hope Mikaelson'. For a horrifying second, Lizzie wondered if the name had been written in blood. Then she saw the paint can lying next to the stage, and she calmed down a little.

Lizzie used her magic to remove the paint off the wall, and back into the paint can. As an extra precaution, she wiped the handle of the paintbrush with her sleeve in case Hope had left any fingerprints behind.

Hope had wanted the world to know what she had done. Why? Had that been her plan all along? To wait until one of the police officers found the message, then very casually admit what she had done when they came to interrogate her? Treat it as a hilarious joke, as any psychopath would?

Hope needed help. Emotional help. Lizzie only had a small idea of what was driving Hope to pull such crazy stunts, but she knew enough to guess that it had something to do with Klaus Mikaelson.

A few days later, Lizzie would wonder if someone had cursed her to go insane; Nevertheless, Lizzie walked out of the high school with one thought in mind: She was going to figure out just exactly what was going on with Hope Andrea Mikaelson.

And the first place to start? The infamous psychopath once known to the world as 'the wildest of the Mikaelsons'.

*****

Kol Mikaelson. A name that popped up in every single history textbook at the Salvatore School. The wicked beast who was so bloodthirsty that no one had ever been sure whether he had been a ripper, or if he had just been that crazy.