Save the Last One

Magsimula sa umpisa

"You are my sunshine. My only sunshine. You make me happy. When skies are gray. You'll never know, dear, how much I love you. Please don't take my sunshine away," mommy softly sings to me with a tear falling from her eye that I wipe away with my small chubby finger.

   "I love you, mommy. I try to help momma find her happiness," I softly say and mommy smiles at me proudly as she walks forward.

  The open fields of flowers change and we're in a room where we can see momma, me, and a pretty lady who's talking to momma with a smile as she hands my momma food and juice.

   I look up at mommy and see her staring at momma with a loving smile. "You miss momma, mommy?" I innocently ask making mommy sigh heavily and smile down at me.

  "Everyday, angel. Just like I miss you. Come on, baby," she tells me and carefully set in my on the bed on top of my other body then kneels down next to me.

   "I will always be here. In the form of a butterfly. Wherever you go I will be there. I love you, angel," mommy says magically making a butterfly appear on her hand and I gasp in awe.

Mommy smiles and leans forehead kissing my forehead. "I love you, my sweet angel. Close your eyes," she whisper and I do feeling her fingers softly touch my cheek before it disappears.

No One's POV:

Emma makes a noise making Callie's eyes snap towards her baby face seeing her eyes are opening. "M-mommy?"she calls out weakly and Callie kneels down, grabbing her small hand while gently pushing her daughter's hair out of her face.

"It's Momma, baby. Shh, you're okay," Callie softly tells her with a relieved smile. Emma weakly smiles up at her momma before wincing at the slight pain on her side.

  She pushes down the blanket seeing a huge white bandage on her side making her look at her momma scared. "W-what happen momma? It hurt," Emma says whimpering reaching down to teach the bandage but Callie stops her gently.

"No don't touch, baby. It will hurt more if you do. What h-happened baby is that y-you got g-grazed by a bullet and a very nice woman helped you. And I'll ask the woman if she has anything for the pain, okay? I'm so glad you're okay, love bug," Callie emotionally tells her and kisses Emma's small hand making Emma smile at her lazily.

"I survivor wike you, momma. Can you sing me my song, momma?" She tiredly asks making Callie give a watery chuckle and nod.

"Anything for my love bug," she softly responds and gives one last kiss on her hand before she begins singing 'My Little Sunshine' quietly while Emma stares at her in an admiring way.

The two are so lost in each other they don't see or hear Maggie walking in quietly. She stares at them with a soft smile and listens to Callie sing.

  "You'll never know dear how much I love her so please don't take my sunshine away," Callie softly sings and hums the rest of it while running her hand through Emma's hair.

"I momma's sunshine," Emma cutely says with a smile making Callie smile lovingly down at her.

  "Yes you are, love bug," she softly replies gently rubbing her thumb on her daughter's cheek.

Emma smiles and tries sitting up but she whimpers slightly at the pain in her stomach. "Let me help you, love bug. Hold on," Callie hastily says and gently helped her daughter sit up against the headboard with the pillow at her back.

Callie softly pushed up the thin sheet to cover her daughter's waist. "Hey Maggie," she spoke turning her head seeing the woman's surprised look at being caught.