Epilogue

860-863
And beyond.

[Naomi]

"I swear to god I have never made a correspondence with that girl, ever, in my life." Levi said, his hand up, necktie undone as he had just arrived at the bedroom door. "Naomi, this is just some little kid with a stupid crush."

I raised my brow, tilting my head to the side. "That's the exact same thing you told me ten years ago, Levi."

"What, I'm three years from fifty years old- who the hell would be interested in me?" He argued, as calm as a storm cloud incoming. I clutched the letter lightly on my hand.

"I don't know, older men are very popular among ladies these days." I said. "Especially ones who own a business."

"Oh for gods' sakes." Levi groaned, pinching his nose bridge as he turned away, one hand on his waist. He let out a sigh and took a hand out to me. "Can I see that?"

I held out the letter, trying not to let the emotion that was bubbling up inside color my face. He took the steps towards me and took it, immediately opening to read. Every line he saw, his brows furrowed.

"It's written by a college freshman." My husband said with ridicule, handing it back to me. The warm glow of the lampshade beside me emphasized the gray strands of his hair, unkempt from just after washing his face. "It must be been one of your students, right? They're always stopping by the tea shop."

"No. It's not a student of mine." I shook my head.

Levi stared at me for another moment, his steel eye calculating me perhaps, as I sat there languid on the armchair across him, and yet stiff with self-constraint. He let out a visible and yet inaudible sigh.

"So what do you want me to do to prove that I have no relations whatsoever to this woman?" He asked.

"I don't know." I answered.

"You ask the staff. You ask Lyle or Timmy or even Gabi and Falco." He said, waving his hand. He clearly looked exhausted. "Ask them if I ever do things other than focus on work and business. You can meet the girl yourself."

"I wouldn't blame the girl, really." I said. "It's all on you."

"Naomi, look at me and tell me if I look like I just cheated on you." Levi said. I narrowed my eyes at him, before rising up from my seat, wrapping my robe around me. I met him eye to eye.

"You look..." I began, his exhausted gaze anchored to me. The emotion finally flooded into my face, coloring my lips with a triumphant grin. "So adorable when you're defensi-"

"Fucking hell." He groaned as he turned away, making me laugh out loud. I took him by the arm, appeasing his annoyance.

"It was a joke that I was mad!" I laughed. "I can't believe we've been married ten years and you still cannot tell when I'm truly mad or what."

"You think you're really smart." He grumbled, as I smiled up brightly at him, trailing my arms around his neck. "Mm-hm."

"That's not funny." He said, as I struggled to keep my eyes on his, when he looked like that with undone tie and tousled hair. "Don't ever do that again."

"Were you scared?" I giggled teasingly.

"No." He replied. "Just annoyed."

"Aww." I smiled, leaning closer to kiss him. "I never doubted you for a second. When I read the letter, I was actually quite proud. I have a husband who still has appeal at almost fifty. Men lose their charm as early as thirty."