Bad News pt. 2

"Oh, God. Let's go." He pulled Sapnap up and ran back to the house. He only had to look at Quackity for him to run out of the house. The three of them ran - Sapnap still a bit dazed - until they reached the building they so dreaded.

"What did he say, anyway?" Sapnap asked.

"Trust me, you don't want me to translate that. Let's just go." They walked into the building and to the front desk.

"Hello there, boys. What can I do for you?" The woman asked them.

"Hi there, ma'am. We're here to see Karl Jacobs."

"Ah. Okay. I'll let them know you're here and you can go sit outside the room, is that okay?"

"Yes, thank you so much. What room?"

"Room 583."

"Thank you. Have a good day."

They made their way to the fifth floor with Quackity leading the way. They reached room 583 and sat on the floor outside.

"Excuse me," a nurse said. "You three are here for Karl Jacobs, correct?"

"Yes, sir. We are," Sapnap said.

"Alright. You may go in, but before you do, please know that he is currently still unconscious and you should refrain from initiating physical contact."

"Thanks," Tommy responded. He got up and looked at Sapnap and Quackity.

"What did that last bit mean?" They asked in sync.

"Don't touch him. At all."

"Oh."

They walked into the room where two chairs were waiting. Tommy let the older men have the chairs while he leaned against the wall. The sight before them was... at the least, not pretty. Karl's face was completely covered in bandages on one side. His arms weren't any better. They couldn't see the rest of his body under the covers, but they didn't want to, based on what was visible.

"Oh, Karl. What happened to you?"

"Do you want me to translate the last thing Techno told me?"

"Yes."

Tommy took a deep breath.

"His arms and legs are burned - the thug had a fire ability - half of his face is burned, but none of that is very bad. He has multiple scrapes and cuts, apparently from being dragged across a brick wall while unconscious. The burns shouldn't leave much scarring, but I can't say the same about the scrapes. Some of them were pretty deep."

"No..."

"Oh, God. I let this happen. We were supposed to attack, I-"

"Sap, no. This is not your fault."

After a near breakdown, Tommy and Quackity got Sapnap to calm down. They sat in silence until...

"Hello? Is anyone there?"

Sapnap gasped. He gestured to Quackity who quickly called a nurse. She ran into the room to check on Karl, gave him some pills, then left.

"Hey, hun. How are you feeling?"

Karl held up a thumbs down the best he could.

"I know, it's going to hurt for a while, but you'll be just fine in a few weeks, okay?"

Karl nodded weakly and Sapnap sighed quietly. Tommy exited the room and found the nurse that had come to check on Karl a few minutes earlier.

"Excuse me, ma'am. I'm wondering when Karl will be good to go home. We're very worried about him."

"Oh, don't worry, dear. He'll be fine in a few weeks."

"Thank you so much. Do you know when he'll be well enough for hugs?"

"Give it a few days and I'll get back to you."

"Thank you, ma'am." With that, he went back into the room where he found that Sapnap was missing.

"Uh..."

"He said he was gonna 'find that guy and make him pay,' then left. I'm not going after him."

"Okay, uh, you stay here with Karl. I'll go find Sapnap." He rushed out of the room, down the stairs, and out the front door where his wings unfurled and he immediately went slicing through the air like a bullet. The first thing he saw as he flew over the downtown area was that there was fire. Sapnap had already started fires.

| As I said in the last chapter, this is a two part chapter because it was too long and not as intense as I wanted it to be, so here's part two, which ends up at 629 words. Have a good day! Best wishes, Crow/Crawfish/Clay |