Stage Set Up

Author's Note: Updates are slow for me because I had horrible writer's block and I had testing for an entire week. Since testing is over, I was able to write and post this up finally. Thanks to all my patient readers. Warning: Foul language and Male Slash.

'To believe I actually considered going out with, uh, what was his name again?' 

Terry ran a hand to smooth over his combed hair for the fifth time this morning. He never was more relieved to go to the news station to distract him from recalling the memories of last weekend. An exhausted yawn caught him off guard as he glanced at the time which read six in the morning.  

'Best get going then,' He thought to himself as he continued out of his bedroom to the front door of his house to the crisp morning air. It was refreshing and seeing the small outline of the sun raising was just a bonus. He jumped into the blue 2008 BMW M6 which complimented his appearance wherever he went, like now, as he drove to the news station. The drive was never long since he lived near the station so he wouldn't ever be late on the job. A smile slipped on the blonde's face at the parking spot that had his name in bold white letters, Terry Baccas.  

His thoughts were interrupted at the sound of someone knocking on window of the driver's side. Confused, Terry shut the engine off as he glanced at the face. There stood Sharon Carter with crossed arms which was never a good sign. She stepped aside when Terry opened the door of his car as he went to greet his boss afraid of prolonging her angry state. 

"Mr. Baccas." 

He flinched and nodded, "Yes, Mrs. Carter?"  

"How long did you plan on making Mr. Armstrong and I wait?" Sharon Carter did her infamous arched eyebrow as her foot tapped the ground impatiently waiting for an answer. It was one of those rare moments that Sharon threw a tantrum. It was a funny, but terrifying at the same time. Before he could come up with a reasonable excuse, Sharon snatched his hand in her own, practically dragging him into the station. "I don't want to hear it," she said underneath her frustrated sigh as she came to abrupt stop at a door.  

"Mr. Armstrong is already on set. I guess we'll have the introductions after the morning news." Sharon glanced down at her watch then turned to Terry with a stern stare. "15 minutes before show. Get going." 

"No need to tell me twice." He held his hand up in surrender as he moved to open the door to the morning set except he ran into a firm chest instead. His fingers twitched against the fabric of the suit that didn't belong to him as his breathing hitched.  

"Terry?" Never had he loved the sound of his own name. "You're my co-anchor? Ha! Call it fate!" He said wholeheartedly. Terry winced and pulled from the warmth he begun to miss. "Correction, you are my co-anchor." At an instant his face flushed at the realization of what he said. "I mean, uh, what are you doing here? This isn't fate! You can't just -"His words were cut short as Sharon entered the scene. 

Her arms still crossed and annoyed expression plastered on her face. "I am so glad you two are well acquainted with each other, but please, get ready on set now." Despite the 'please' the men both knew it was an order or else suffer it was the wrath of Sharon Carter.  

When both the news anchors were situated on the set, Terry couldn't help but glance at the man beside him. 'Please tell me this is an alternate universe and I'll be zapped the hell out of here.'  

"In 5...4...3...2...1! We are on!"  

The opening theme begun to echo on the television around the news set reflecting the two handsome men. On cue the camera man pointed to Terry to signal him to start.  

"Good morning Chicago!" Patrick stared as Terry flashed the camera a confident smile as he added in a wave for good measure. "Terry Baccas here with my new co-anchor, Patrick Armstrong, to start your morning off on a good note." Cerulean eyes flickered at the chocolate ones before swiftly returning their gaze to the camera. 

"Thanks, Terry. I hope to make Chicago my new home after the move from New York. Anyways, let's get to more important things shall we?" Both let out a light and nodded in agreement. The morning news consisted of the latest problems going around even though the main problem was the awkward tension between the two news anchormen. "Thanks again for the warm welcome Chicago!" No one else was more relieved and afraid at last departing words that would end the morning news.  

Terry managed to slip out the room without Patrick noticing since Matthew went to praise him for his first air here in the Chicago News Station. His heart was beating so fast he feared it would burst from his chest. The blonde scurried to the lounge to get a cup of a coffee to ease his nerves. "Oh hey, Terry!" Rosalie laid a hand on his shoulder that sent him towards the coffee maker. "Oh shit! You scared me, Rosie! Damn..." The ginger haired woman giggled at her friend's obvious discomfort.  

"You see that hot piece off ass out there? What was his name again?" Rosalie had a devious smile on her face.  

"His name is Patrick." He emphasized the name as Rosalie caught the sound of his voice. "Oh no, fucking way!" Terry covered her mouth and glanced in both directions to ensure no one heard his best friend's outburst. "Rosie not so loud!" He hissed until there a soft knock on the open door. "I hope I'm not interrupting something here." 'Do I sense jealousy?' Terry thought to himself as he glanced at Rosalie who just shrugged. 

"Nah. Terry was just telling me how great you were on set this morning," She said with smug smile before she started to leave the lounge, enjoying the tortured expression on Terry's pleading face to stay. "Anyways, I should go. Talk to you later, Terry Berry." With a wink and giggle she vanished within seconds. 

Patrick waved good-bye and said a soft 'thank-you' as she left. "Hey," His voice was playful as if he was testing the waters of their relationship or whatever they had. Terry licked his lips, turned to the coffee machine to pour himself a cup, avoiding eye contact.  

"I can promise you I know a little coffee shop that is more sophisticated and even more delicious than this junk here."  

"Oh? It isn't the same one is it?" 

"Of course not." 

"Then let's go."  

What possessed him to agree to go with Patrick's offer was beyond him, but he had a feeling that he was going to regret it in the end. Except when he felt Patrick's hand cover his own he never felt happier. Despite the ominous figure watching the two holding hands it was a nice moment.