She already knew she was going to get an ear full later. She turned the car off and started to get out. "Hey daddy" She smiled as he walked to the car.

"Hey baby girl, how are you?" He asked, opening up the back seat door to get Messiah. "Gooodddd" She dragged out, grabbing Messiah's bag out of the truck.

"Wassup big man" Russel chuckled when he got him out of the car seat

"Wassup big man" Russel chuckled when he got him out of the car seat. To Lai's surprise, Messiah was up. He was knocked out from the time she woke up to get him dressed till now. They all walked inside the house.

"Where is mommy?" She asked when she walked in and didn't see Zoe. "Upstairs, fixing the guest room for Cammy and Sean," He said, giving her Messiah since he was reaching for her.

"Goodmorning papa bear" She kissed his cheeks "You ready to see your cousins" She smiled, he kept the same uninterested face as he always did and looked around.

She figured she'll give him a minute since he just woke him a minute to adjust. "Let's feed you," She said, about to put him down but he started whining.

"You mean to tell me we've been practicing your walk for 3 months now and you don't wanna show it out" She pouted. Like Lai wanted and was very determined to, Messiah was walking like a pro. He started walking when he was 10 months but he was holding someone's hand to keep him up. Now he didn't need help and walked like he'd been walking for years.

"I hear toot" Zoe came downstairs with a smile on her face. Messiah hid his face in Lai's neck making Zoe's smile drop.

"He just woke up" Lai chuckled, sitting down on the sofa and started to rub his back to wake him up a little more.

"Are you excited?" Zoe smiled, sitting on the couch in front of her and Rus came into the living room with a bowl of oatmeal for Messiah.

"Yeah, just really nervous for some reason" She chuckled "Thank you," she said when he gave her the bowl.

"You sound like your mama when we got married" Rus chuckled sitting next to Zoe on the other couch. "I thought she was gon' run out on me the way everyone was tellin' me she was freakin' out" He chuckled, Zoe just smiled.

"I was so nervous, I didn't have my parents with me and big momma was trying to get me to stop crying" Zoe shook her head "But all it took was your bald head daddy one time to tell everything was going to be Aight" She chuckled mushing Rus head.

He pulled her closer and started kissing her cheek causing her to giggle like they were teenagers.

Lai smiled at them, she always loved her parents' relationship. The way they act like teenagers still or the way when they haven't seen each other for a few hours the world was about to stop.

𝖶𝖾𝖺𝗄𝗇𝖾𝗌𝗌On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara