Special Chapter

Author's note: Hello everyone! It's been a while and I was a little busy but I'm finally fulfilling my promise of releasing a bonus chapter since the story has reached more than 2,000 likes now. Thank you so much! I hope you'll like it!

~•~ ~•~ ~•••~ ~•~ ~•~

"Ghesquire Empire prospered while Odette and Klavin lived happily ever after. The end."

I close the book and place it on the side table as my eight-year-old daughter yawns in her bed.

"Let's tuck you in," I say as I gently pull her yellow blanket up to cover her shoulders. I wipe away a lock of her black hair that fell on her little face.

"Mommy?" My daughter says while blinking sleepily.

"Yes, Layla?"

"What made you fall in love with daddy?"

I give her a questioning look, "dear, why are you suddenly curious about that?"

My daughter's eyes are drooping, hiding half of her ocean blue eyes. She's clearly very sleepy but she answers without missing a beat, "in the story, Odette fell in love with Prince Klavin because he was brave. So, now I wonder why did mommy fall in love with daddy Ni?"

I smile at how adorable she is, "hmm, why did I fall for your daddy? Ah, I remember."

"Is it because daddy's very strong?"

"Well, it is true that your daddy is strong..."

Niko lifted our new refrigerator all by himself last week which made Layla so amazed. My husband did it alone but it took three delivery guys to carry it out of the truck. I chuckle as I recall Layla clapping loudly while watching her father lift such a heavy thing.

"But that's not the reason why I fell for him," I say shaking my head.

"Then, what made you fall in love with daddy?"

"His handsome face," I say with a shameless smile.

"Mmm, I see why mommy feels that way," Layla says yawning once more, "daddy Ni is the most handsome boy I've seen."

"Go to sleep now, Layla," I kiss her forehead, "good night, my dear."

Layla finally closes her eyes so I slowly stand up from the chair, trying not to make any noise. I tiptoe out of her bedroom but, as I was about to step out, I suddenly jump out of surprise when I see that Niko's waiting for me outside the door.

"Ah!"

My husband laughs at me so I smack his arm, "you scared me Niko," I say in a whisper.

He whispers back, "sorry, my love."

I close Layla's bedroom door before asking, "what time did you arrive home? Have you eaten dinner yet?"

"I got home about five minutes ago and I've already eaten but...," his eyes trail down my body, "I'm still hungry."

He leans down to kiss me but I pull away and laugh, "tsk, you should shower first, Niko."

"Love, you know I'll only get sweaty again," he kisses my neck, "besides, don't you miss my handsome face? I was away for a week so you haven't seen this handsome face for quite some time now."

I feel my cheeks turning red. Did he hear what I said to our daughter?

He shows me a smug smile and whispers in my ear, "I heard everything," as if he read my mind.

I bury my face in his chest, feeling a little embarrassed.

Niko cups my cheeks with his two big hands and pulls it up so he could see my face, "it's nice to know that even after 10 years I can still make my wife get all blushy like this."