Chapter 15

When Estelle returned to their room yesterday, Nikolaidis didn't say a single word to her. He only gave his wife an unnatural smile before going to bed first.

She found his behavior strange and thought something must have happened while she was out with the twins. However, she didn't bother asking him.

It's better if this keeps up. It won't be difficult to avoid Nikolaidis if he's already the one distancing himself from me. Though, I would be lying if I said I was happy about this.

Tonight, they'll be dining with the Emperor and will return to the Blanchard Dukedom right after breakfast tomorrow. Estelle hasn't been looking forward to the private banquet. Her senses tell her it won't be a pleasant dinner.

To ease her anxiety, she agreed to go shopping with the twins today. She feels guilty, again, for leaving the Duke alone but she has no other option. This is for my sake and yours, Nikolaidis.

Rendon is keeping her company as she waits for the Princesses in the main foyer of the castle. The aide is wearing another colorful outfit today and is talking nonstop about some Capital fashion trend that Estelle didn't really understand. She just gave him occasional nods while she pretended to be interested.

"Pink silk and pearl- oh, greetings your Imperial Highness!" Rendon suddenly says.

Estelle looks to where Rendon was facing and sees Crown Princess Yulya walking towards them with servants following behind. The Princess is carrying a child. Oh my gosh, is that the main character of this novel?! Prince Klavin!

The Duchess immediately bows to the Princess and greets her, "how do you do, your Imperial Highness?"

"I'm well, Duchess. Are you waiting for the twins?"

"Yes, they're taking me shopping today." Estelle couldn't stop herself from staring at the young royal in his mother's arms.

Are you telling me this kid will grow up and kill Nikolaidis one day? But he's so cute! I love babies especially those with chubby wittle cheekies like him! He has the same white hair and ruby-red eyes as Prince Henrik. He'll surely grow up to be handsome too.

"I haven't introduced you yet to my son. This is Prince Klavin," Princess Yulya smiles as she caresses the baby's cheeks.

"Hi there cutie, I'm Duchess Estelle. Nice to meet you!"

Klavin looks at Estelle and smiles at her. I think my heart is going to melt! I want to pinch his cheeks so bad!

"Estelle!"

The Duchess turns and waves at Mitch and Tisha who are practically running towards her. I want to cancel our shopping trip and babysit Prince Klavin instead. Nobody told me the male lead was this cute!

"So you've met our precious nephew," Mitch says to her.

"He's absolutely adorable!" Estelle replies.

"Of course, he did take after his Auntie Tisha! Right, Klaviny-pie?" Tisha plays with the baby's hand.

"Princess Athisha, you should get going. I think the duchess has been waiting for you twins for quite some time," Princess Yulya says.

"Right! We're sorry for running a bit late, I had some trouble with my dress," Tisha apologizes.

"No worries, I didn't wait for long," Estelle reassures her.

"It's because Tisha is so clumsy! Let's go now. We have a lot of things to buy," Mitch jumps between Estelle and Tisha. She links her arms between them, an action that made Estelle feel a strong sense of déjà vu.