Chapter 2 : A Horrific Sight

.

Tanjiro's POV

I ran in the snow, my feet sinking into it with every step. I was certain my family was alright, they HAD to be.

However, I was worried about Y/N's wound. It looked SO deep and serious. I had to rush back home and make sure everyone's alright before going back to get Y/N and the boy with her.

Thankfully, the boy's injury doesn't seem very serious. Who I'm really worried about is Y/N... I clutched the crescent hairpin tightly in my hand as I ran faster. Please wait for me...

Just as I approached our house, it finally hit me. The stench of blood...

I quickly placed the crescent hairpin in my Haori before continuing towards the house. Each step felt heavy as the scent grew stronger. Y/N's words rang in my head as I approached the house. "There's a demon lingering around here. Your family might be in danger!"

I shook my head. I didn't want to believe it. However, as soon as I saw Nezuko's body laying by the door with blood all over, it finally set in. My family was attacked by a demon. The realization hit me hard as my mind went blank.

"WHAT IS- WHAT?!? HOW DID THIS HAPPEN??? WHAT HAPPENED?!?" I ran quickly towards Nezuko who was hugging our younger brother Rokuta on the ground. "N-Nezuko..." I muttered with shaking breaths as I inched forward towards the door. I dared not look inside, but somehow gathered my strength and did.

Just then, I was met with the most horrific sight I had ever seen.

My family was in there, slaughtered in the most inhumane and violent way. Blood covered the walls and floors of the house. Lifeless bodies lay there, bruised and cut. Mother... Hanako.. Takeo.. Shigeru... Nezuko.. Rukata... I could feel my words stop in my throat as I observed the scene. My throat felt like it was being stung by knives and needles due to the fear and frustration that plagued me.

A few minutes later...

I ran through the snow, carrying the unconscious Nezuko on my back. She was the only one who had a bit of warmth left in her body. I had to take her to a doctor quickly. Not yet.. we're still far from the village. Come on Tanjiro, RUN FASTER!

Just then, I heard a growl right behind my ear. Nezuko had woken up again but something was different... I turned around to see Nezuko who had been moving, causing me to loose my balance and fall of a cliff.

As I closed my eyes, ready for the impact, I felt the rough snow on my back. It seems the snow broke my fall. Not waiting even a moment, I sat up as soon as I realized Nezuko wasn't next to me.

"NEZUKO!" I called out only to see her standing next to a tree, not too far from me. I quickly got up and ran towards her. "NEZUKO! You don't have to walk, I'll carry you to the village!" I said in a shaky voice as I tried to comfort her.

Suddenly, Nezuko looked up and my eyes widened. Her face was nothing like the Nezuko I knew. Veins appeared on her face and her eyes were... strange.

Without a moment of hesitation, Nezuko jumped on me, attacking me. I blocked her attack with my axe, placing it in her mouth as she pinned me to the cold ground.

She's a demon...

But that's not right... Nezuko wasn't a demon. Ever since she was born, she was always a human! The scent I smelled by the house was different, so it wasn't Nezuko who attacked everyone. She was protecting Rukata so it couldn't be her!

My thoughts ran wild as I defended myself from Nezuko, who's strength seemed to have increased drastically. "Nezuko please! I'm sorry I couldn't protect you! Please, fight it back... Don't become a demon Nezuko, don't give in!" I pleaded with her as tears streamed down my cheeks.

Just then, I could feel tears falling onto my face. Nezuko's tears. Nezuko...

Suddenly, a man appeared above us in the blink of an eye. He's gonna attack Nezuko! I quickly turned her around, shielding her with my own body as his blade cut my hair instead.

The man stood a few feet away from us as I held Nezuko protectively.

"Why did you protect it?" The man asked in a cold and calm tone. "Younger... She's my younger sister!" I shouted back, my hands trembling. "You call that thing your sister?" He said as Nezuko tried attacking him.

Oh no...

TIME SKIP
(brought to you by HEE-HEE man)

After a tough fight with the armed swordsman and some very harsh words, I seemed to have gotten knocked out.

As I woke up, I tightly clutched onto the fabric in my hands. I released it in relief when I realized that it was Nezuko laying right next to me. Tears fell from my eyes as I saw my sister with a foreign bamboo muzzle in her mouth. Nezuko...

However, my relief was short-lived as I heard the voice of the man who attacked us. "Are you awake?"

I quickly sat up, holding the sleeping Nezuko protectively in my arms and glaring at the man. However, contrary to my thoughts, he didn't attack us. He instead stood a few feet away from us, a calm expression on his face.

"Visit the elder named Urokodaki Sakonji, living at the foot of the misty mountain." He instructed in a calm tone, "Tell him that Tomioka Giyuu sent you". He was about to leave after a few more words of advice, when it suddenly dawned on me.

Y/N!!!

"WAIT!!" I exclaimed as I held my hand out to him. He stopped in his tracks and looked back at me. "There's a girl and a boy in the mountain, on the path leading to the village. They are very injured! It seems a demon has attacked them... Please save them!" I pleaded as I hugged Nezuko closer to me.

The man stared at me for a bit before giving me a nod and continuing on his way.

Y/N, I hope you're safe... I'm sorry...

.

Word count: 1047

A/N START

Gotta admit, I was reading the first chapter of the manga as I wrote this.

Anyways, Chapter 2 already?? We're on a roll!

It's really easy to write this since I'm mostly sticking to the main plot line and adding a few changes here and there.

Anyways, Giyuu is gonna save you so don't worry ^^

That's all!

Peace! ✌️

A/N END