CHAPTER 85. Puzzle Trouble

Start from the beginning

Fin's frown smoothed out. "Oh! Okay, well that's not surprising, you've always been difficult," he put more of the puzzle together while speaking. "I'm sure you'll get your sleep tonight,"

I found myself smiling slyly. "Maybe, maybe not, who knows,"

Fin shook his head and met my eyes, fingers pausing. "You should be more responsible,"

I stuck my nose in the air. "Being reckless and doing things without any thought hasn't killed me yet."

"Yet, is the key word there, less sex, more sleep," Fin said, trying to sound firm. I grinned at him.

"Oh come on Fin, you know all I'd have to do is kiss you,"

His gaze was dry, and I could tell he was trying not to smile. "Raven, come now,"

I burst into giggles, "Raven cum now? That's what he said,"

Fallon let out a startled sound and looked at Fin and I with wide eyes, having no context since he had been paying no attention.

"Goodness Raven," Fin sighed and shook his head, going back to the puzzle. "Fallon, ignore her,"

I giggled again and paused as the door opened, revealing Lion. "Puzzle party?" He questioned, rubbing his eyes for a moment.

I reached out and grabbed his hand, pulling him closer to the table in the library. "Yeah! Want to help?"

Lion gazed at the puzzle then at me. "What did you put together?"

I froze and and blinked, slowly pointing at the two pieces I had put together. Lion raised an eyebrow but didn't comment, and I was thankful.

"Lion, do you want to help?" I asked and glanced at his face. He looked like he wanted to refuse outright, but didn't want to make me upset. "Or, we can go outside?"

Lion nodded. "We can go outside, Fin, that's okay with you?"

Fin nodded and looked down at the puzzle. "That's fine," he paused and glanced at me. "Even though your loss of help will be mourned."

I rolled my eyes. "I'll come back later," I skipped to the door and ran down the stairs, Lion moving much slower behind me. When I reached the second flight, he grabbed my shoulder.

"Raven, don't run down the stairs," Lion told me and I huffed.

"Fine, fine, we can go slow, and waste our lives," I said and squeaked when he smacked the top of my head.

"Raven, I'm immortal, just walk and down and don't kill yourself," Lion moved in front of me, lips lifting. "It would be hard to explain to Aaron why you didn't show up on Saturday."

I crossed my arms and narrowed my eyes on his back as we walked down the third set of stairs, making our way through the kitchen and out the front door.

I flopped down into the grass and Lion sat down as well, laying his head in my lap. I tilted my head up, closing my eyes as the sun warmed my face, my fingers stroking through Lion's hair.

"Hey Lion, why'd your parents name you Lion? That seems like a silly name,"

Lion peeked up at me as I gazed down at his face. He met my eyes and shrugged.

"My parents didn't name me that, actually. My parents were attacked by a lion, my dad died but my mom survived while she was pregnant with me. She died in childbirth due to her wounds and complications, so my grandma named me Lion, because I killed her instead of the lion."

I stared down at Lion in shock. "And here I thought you just had weird parents,"

Lion smiled a little. "We both have animal names,"

I nodded and stroked the side of his face. "Yeah," I debated on whether or not to express my condolences about his parents, but then decided not to say anything about it. He didn't look like he wanted to talk about, or think about it anymore.

My eyes drifted to the driveway as a car starting pulling up. "Who's that?" I asked, watching them park.

"Probably Clair," Lion said, not even bothering to open his eyes. It was indeed Clair, she got out and slammed the door closed, short black hair blowing in the wind.

Her eyes drifted and met mine, and suddenly she scowled. She was wearing black knee high boots, skin tight pale green pants, and a black tank top.

Her bracelets glittered in the sun as she walked over. "Raven," she greeted and glanced at Lion. "Vampire that I can't remember the name of,"

Lion snorted, but didn't even bother to open his eyes still, not giving Clair the time of day. I looked at the belt that rested low on her hips, noticing the short sword.

"Why do you have that?" I gestured to the weapon and Clair glanced down, touching it. She slid it off her belt and tossed it to me in its sheath, and I caught it in surprise.

"My line of work isn't always the most friendly, hold that for me while I get my money," Clair's eyes drifted over me before she turned and walked into the house without a backward glance.

I pulled the short sword out of the sheath and looked at it curiously.