Chapter 26: Seeking Forgiveness

Few days passed. Sid and Sana were not talking to each other. Neither Sid tried to talk to Sana nor she came to Sid.

Sana was slowly moving on with the help of her friends, Shivangi and Ayush. She was spending most of her time with them. They were not leaving her alone. Shivangi was always Sana's bestfriend but whatever Ayush was doing for her was unexpected to Sana. She found a true friend in Ayush. Sana forgot her sorrows and got back her smile for them.

On the other hand, Sid was suffering a lot seeing Sana with Ayush. Her closeness with him was bothering Sid. He was trying to divert his mind by spending time with Rashmi. He was going on dates with her, talking with her all the time on phone, even in school he was with Rashmi all the time. But nothing was working. There was not a single moment when he didn't remember Sana. He was missing her too much. He was trying to get Sana's attention but Sana kept ignoring him. It was making him more crazy.

One day, Sid and Rashmi were eating ice-cream outside their school. Suddenly Sana, Ayush and Shivangi came there. Sid noticed them and made a plan to get Sana's attention.

He took the cup ice cream from Rashmi's hand and said loudly, "Baby, mere rehte tu kyu takleef kar rahi hai? Let me feed you."

Rashmi nodded.

Sid started feeding but his eyes were on Sana. He was expecting a reaction from Sana.

Sana gave them a quick glance and again took off her eyes. She smiled sadly.

"Sid kitni care karta hai Rashmi ki. Woh sach mein uss se bohut pyaar karta hai. I should not feel bad. Woh khush toh main bhi khush." Sana said in her mind.

"Yeh le Sana, teri ice cream." Ayush said to Sana and gave her ice cream.

Sana started eating it while talking and giggling with Ayush and Shivangi.

Sid watched it and became very much jealous.

"Sana ko toh kuch fark hi nahi pad raha. Lagta hai woh sach mein move on kar chuki hai. I should be happy about it, right?" Sid said in his mind.

He stopped feeding Rashmi and kept looking at them sadly.

"Sid! Sid!" Rashmi jerked his shoulder and he came out of his thoughts.

"Tu mujhe khila kyu nahi raha?" Rashmi asked.

"Baaki ka khud khaa le. Mujhe bhi apni ice cream khani hai." Sid said and gave her the ice cream cup. He again looked at Sana.

Rashmi became puzzled.

Suddenly Sana got some ice cream on her nose.

"Sana tere nak pe ice cream lag gayi hai. Ruk main saaf kar deta hoon." Ayush said and took out his handkerchief. He wiped the ice cream from Sana's nose.

While doing it, Ayush went a little bit closer to Sana. Sid couldn't tolerate it anymore and left from there angrily.
_______________________________________

In the evening...

Sid was very much frustrated and he need some peace. So he went to his house.

As soon as Rita Ji opened the door, Sid hugged her tightly. He need it. Since the past few days Sid was craving for his long lost peace which he finally got in his mother's embrace.

Rita Ji patted his back and asked, "Kya hua Beta? Sab thik hai?"

"Haan Mom. Bas aap ki bohut yaad aa rahi thi." Sid said being emotional.

Rita Ji smiled. But inside she understood that something happened to her son.

After sometime they broke the hug. Rita Ji took him to her room. She took her laptop and continued doing her work which she was doing a moment ago. Sid sat on the bed.