This sensation...

...I totally feel awkward about this, you thought, making a poker face.

It was awkwardness. The sensation you were feeling was awkwardness.

You looked at Gaster with a dumbfounded look, trying to catch the slightest minimum of a reaction from him, even though he didn't look much embarassed.

Still, he was really focused on this action, as if he was analyzing every single detail about it in his skull of his, and in fact, you met his professional gaze after a while, and kept it.

Am I supposed to feel something more of a relationship?, you thought, as the awkwardness in the air grew more and more.

In the meantime, he was coming up to a conclusion:

She is feeling rather unsure about this. Or, at least, she doesn't know what I expect from this gesture. To be honest, even I don't know, but judging from her reaction, she isn't feeling any type of particular reaction to this. Do I already have to consider this a failed test?, he thought.

He sighed as he noted internally that nothing could come out from this.

"Okay, you can leave my hand now" he told you, even though you weren't really listening, as you were lost in your own little world. In fact, you were looking rather sleepy, as if you could fall asleep right there and then.

Your eyebags were really showing: slightly redish, threatening to cover your cheeks.

He noticed this and shook you, to bring you back to reality: and at least, it worked.

"Uh? What is it? Have you discovered anything?" you asked, still half-asleep.

Gaster hesitated a bit, and then sighed again as he observed you and analysed your reaction and expressions again.

The only thing I discovered is that you need to sleep, dumbass. What could you have done to make you stay awake at night?

"No, nothing. Perhaps this isn't the way we should approach to make some progresses. I'll think about it in the next days. For the meantime, we'll have to act. Oh, and uhm...you can leave my hand now" he said, slightly uncomfortable.

"Oh, yeah..." you said, threatening to fall asleep again as you let go of his hand.

He sighed again as he noticed it.

Is she really in the conditions for this?

"Listen to me now. I want you to go home now and do nothing but get in your bed and sleep. Understood? I'll give you a free day for tomorrow so that you can rest"

"Hah, I know that you're just doing this to get rid of me Gaster. I wasn't born yesterday" you said with a half-naughty look and still menacing to fall asleep, which slightly pissed him off, misunderstanding his honest intentions.

"Tch, I won't pay you if you don't do as I say" he said, trying to extort you.

As he mentioned the word "pay", you immediately got all serious and professional, ready to put in act and listen to all of his orders. It didn't even matter if you looked greedy in his eyes, the only important thing was that you could gain something.

"...okay, as you wish, I will take a day-off tomorrow."

"Good girl" he said with a smirk.

...good girl? This man is strange.

You were now walking towards the door when you heard Gaster sighing bitterly. You turned around and noticed that he was rubbing his closed eyes in frustration.