PART 2

I was trying to sleep but I still had this strange feeling

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

I was trying to sleep but I still had this strange feeling. Something was missing.

"Do you see him?" I heard a familiar voice.

I gasped and got up. I felt everything shake and I heard the sound of a train railing. I looked around feeling dizzy. I covered my ears and quickly turned on the lamp.

Everything went silent.

"Lia, what's wrong?" My mother asked opening my door.

"Did you hear it? Please tell me you heard it."

"I heard you screaming." She answered and I frowned.

"No, no, no, there was a train and... and the voice. I... I know that voice from somewhere." I stuttered.

"Oh, honey, you were having a nightmare."

"No, mom, I wasn't...I..."

"Well, there wasn't a train and we haven't had an earthquake, so...It just must've been a bad dream."

She smiled and left my room closing the door.

"But I wasn't asleep." I whispered.

[...]

I quickly put my things in my backpack while I ate a granola bar. It was already late for school.

I went to grab my blue notebook. It slipped out of my hand and fell to the ground. I sighed and bent down to pick it up. I frowned when I saw an envelope. It had fallen out of my notebook.

I took it and read what it said on the front.

From:
To: Lia

There wasn't a name. I opened it and took out the paper that was inside. I read the paper and a big smile appeared on my face.

We are happy to inform you that your enrollment in our acting school in New York was successful. We will contact you as soon as we receive your audition.

I covered my mouth with my hand in shock. Who signed me up? How did they know it was my dream?

I turned the envelope around trying to see if there was a name. I opened the notebook and shook it trying to find something but there was nothing.

I sighed and when I turned around I saw something shining on my bed. I frowned and reached over to grab a necklace that had a phoenix pendant on it.

"It's okay if you don't like it, it's not a good gift and that's why I wasn't going to give it..." I heard a voice.

"Stop talking and help me put on the pretty necklace." I whispered.

I stared at the necklace.

"Lia, you'll be late again!" I heard my mother's voice.

"Just give me a second!" I yelled putting the paper back in the envelope and leaving it on my desk.