Chapter Sixteen| The Misfortune In Lighthouses and Light Kisses

Chapter 16|The Misfortune in Light Houses and Light Kisses

"Alec!" I throw a pillow at him and he groans. "Get up."

"Go away," he answers

"I told you not to stay up all night, come on. We have to go to lunch at Delilah's, your lover will be there," I tease and he cries into the pillow.

"She's not my lover! Rose is a bitch, and she drools on me like a leaky faucet," he complains and I snort. "I mean, I'm not saying she's a slut or anything but if her vagina had a rating, it would be 'E' for everyone."

"I believe that is calling her a slut, and even though I agree. You still have to come with me," I tell him, sitting on the foot of the bed to zip up my heels.

"I don't want to go!" He complains

"Neither did David Tennant, but you have to," I retort

"Why?"

"Because you practically live in my apartment for free."

"Not true! I paid for groceries," he counters

"I lent you twenty bucks to pay for those groceries," I remind and he moans, pulling back the covers and heading to the bathroom to shower. I followed him into the bathroom to do my makeup.

Over the past few months, we'd gotten far too comfortable with each other. It was to the point where neither of us cared if the other was in the bathroom while we showered, since we always covered up with a towel before stepping out and pulling back the shower curtain.

"Alec, your mum is calling you," I say to him, referring to the buzzing on the bathroom counter.

"Oh, do me a favor and answer it for me?" He asks over the spray of the water and I hit the 'Answer' button.

"Hi, Mrs. Kendricks," I greet her, sitting on countertop next to the sink and flipping through Cosmo casually.

"Good Afternoon Carrie, can I talk to my son please?" She asks

"Sure, he's in the shower but I'll put you on speaker," I say and hit the speaker button

"Oh, how will he hear me if he's in the shower?" She asks.

"I'm in the bathroom," I answer

"So... you're showering together now?" She asks confused

"Uh, no, Mrs. Kendricks-"

"Did you need something Ma?" Alec turns the shower off and I hand him the towel through the curtain.

"Yes, I wanted to know if you're coming home tonight for dinner," she asks and he sighs.

"Yeah, whatever."

"Alec, please come home." She pleads and Alec softens a bit, pulling back the curtain and running a hand through his wet hair while I subtly stare at his abs, but he looks at my boobs sometimes so it's okay. "Alec, please?"

"Ma, I don't want to-"

"Alec, please come home. Even if it is just for the night, I want you to come and spend time with your family, just one night?"

I couldn't listen to her plead for her son anymore, it was too familiar, so I took the phone off speaker.

"He'll be there, Mrs. Kendricks, I promise," I say and Alec glares at me.

"Thank you, Carrie. Alec, please listen to her. As your mother, I am begging to see both my sons again in the same room. I just got Mark back, I don't want to lose you," she sniffles and Alec frowns, looking away from me in guilt.