Chapter 10

Raelyn's POV

As soon as I heard my name leave the hostess's mouth, I looked up only to be met by the questioning eyes of my best friend Rena.

"Raelyn! Where have you been? Who is this?" she questioned frantically.

"Rena! Well I-I've been-" I stuttered trying to find a good response. It's not like I could say "Oh I was kidnapped and this man beside me is my captor,".

"She's been with me", Giovanni," said curtly.

"Okkkkkk but who are you?  I've never seen you around before," Rena answered feistily 

"I don't think that's something you'd like to find out," Giovanni said with a smirk plastered across his face. While I stood there shocked just watching the both of them exchange glares.

"If you don't mind. Rena is it, could we please get our table. I have a really tight schedule to keep up with," Giovanni said nonchalantly.

"What's your reservation under?" Rena asked while giving me a look that clearly stated, "You are gonna tell me everything,".

"It should be under the name Giovanni Cattaneo," he said

I watched as some of the colour left Rena's brown skin at the sound of his name. She looked up from the book in front of her with a look in her eyes that indicated to me that she was terrified.

After getting someone else to show us to our table Rena disappeared to the staff area of the restaurant. I stared at the door waiting for her to come out so I could signal her to meet me in the bathroom.

Giovanni disrupted my search by clearing his throat and then saying, "So that's Rena, hm she's quite similar to you,"

I looked at him shocked at what he just said, "How do you know about Rena?", I questioned.

"Oh come on baby doll I have been taken by you since I first saw you a month ago, so I thought it was only fair that I learned every single detail about you and your life," he said as if he had said n nothing wrong.

"Oh my God, you are absolutely psychotic!", I whisper yelled at him not wanting to draw any attention to us.

" Why thank you, my love, I really try," he said with a sly smile on his face.

"I am going to the lady's room, I can't even deal with you right now," I spat 

"Do what you must but please be advised that if you try to escape, you and your little friend won't like what comes next. Hurry back before the food comes," he said with yet another smirk.

Somehow I knew he wasn't joking I knew that if necessary he would hurt Rena and me if I tried anything. As soon as I got into the bathroom away from the chatter that was in the dining area of the restaurant I released a breath.

Immediately, as I released the sigh, the doorknob twisted, and soon after Rena was standing before me.

"Ok tell me everything right now," she said and I did. I told her everything.

I didn't know how long I was gone but it seemed to be long enough for Giovanni to come looking for me. 

"Raelyn, for your sake you better still be in there!" he bellowed.

"I'll be alright," I whispered to Rena.

She nodded hesitantly.

I opened the door bracing myself for Giovanni's wrath but he was smiling.

"Ah there you are, are you ok?" he asked

"Are you bipolar?" I asked.

"No, I'm not. Let's get back to our table and enjoy our meal so we can go back home,"

"Oh I'd love to go back home but you won't let me," I said before walking past him back to our table.

"Oh lose the attitude princess," he said

I of course ignored him and ate my food, which he ordered in silence. 

A Few Days Later

I heard a knocking on the door of the room I was being held in. Grumbling, I got up and went to open it. There stood Giovanni with my phone and laptop in his hand. He waltzed right in and set the gadgets on my bed.

"I am aware that you are in the middle of completing your last year at school and I wouldn't want you to be behind because of me, so I made some arrangements with your professors so you can catch up on any missed work. You will still be attending school physically but Alec will have to accompany you. Questions?" he rambled

"How did you get my professors to allow that?" I queried

"You don't want to know love," he stated while walking out of the room

I shook my head and closed the door behind him turning around to go text my mom and let her know I was alright. 

After doing so I texted Imani who was shocked to hear from me. After which I checked my email which was filled with emails from my professors regarding missed assignments and notes. 

"Here we go," I breathed.

2 Hours Later

I was woken up by a loud knocking on the door, I didn't even recall falling asleep. I got up to answer the door and was met with Alec'sface.

"Hey Raelyn, it's dinner time," he said

"Ok thanks Alec, I'll be down soon,".

After Alec left I busied myself with taking a shower and picking clothes out of the many that were in the closet that was facing the bed. 

Upon entering the dining room I was met with an entirely different set of men than the ones I had met a few days before. I guess they heard my footsteps because they all turned to face me. I instantly felt sweaty with all these intimidating eyes on me. 
Giovanni must have sensed how uncomfortable I was, before I knew it he was at my side ushering me gently to the seat beside his.

"Well, Giovanni who is this?" one of the men who were closest to us while licking his lips.

"If you must know Stefano, this is my lady and if you feel you need that tongue of yours I'd suggest you keep it in your head," Giovanni said menacingly in response.

For a minute after that it was dead silent, that is until the sound of bullets pierced through the once quiet night.