Chapter 8

Raelyn's POV

I stared up at the tall, toned man with shock written evidently across my face.

"See something you like princess?" he asked with a smug look plastered onto his gorgeous face.

Pulling myself from my trance, I asked him," Why'd you kidnap me and bring me here?"

"Well, Raelyn if you must know; from that day I saw you in the coffee shop I took a liking to you so I decided to just take you," he said nonchalantly.

" You-you just decided to TAKE me, what is wrong with you!" I yelled at him

His steely gray eyes darkened at my outburst

"Now baby girl one thing I will most definitely not tolerate is disrespect, raise your voice at me again and I won't hesitate to snap that pretty little neck of yours," he stated menacingly.

Not wanting to anger him further I simply nodded.

"Great, and by the way, my name is Giovanni Cattaneo, I'll have one of the guards show you around and bring you back to your room."

I did not protest though I wanted to spend some more time with Giovanni for some reason unbeknownst to me.

" Come," said Giovanni

The same big-built man from earlier briskly entered the office as soon as the command left his boss' mouth.

"Show her around, don't let her out of your sight, and bring her back to her room."

" We wouldn't want you escaping now, would we?" he said with his grey eyes darting about my face.

He placed a chaste kiss on my forehead and whispered, " Sono contento che tu sia qui ora amore mio" (I'm glad you're here now my love)

Hearing his deep yet sultry voice whisper sweet nothings like those to me in Italian was like living in a dream. My knees grew weak at how his soft, plump lips brushed my forehead ever so slightly, how his accent thickened with every word he released. Without even noticing my eyes fluttered shut as if I were awaiting something more. 

A couple of seconds passed before I noticed that his tall frame was no longer towering over me. Disappointment washed over me as I opened my eyes to find him sitting in his swivel chair with his phone to his ear, he waved the guard and me out of the office, and before I could register I was hastily drawn out. 

The guard whose name I learned was Alec showed me around the house stopping to show me little souvenirs that were placed in different rooms of the house.

After half an hour of walking around the large house, we had finally covered all the grounds. I was brought back to my room and I was told that I would be called down for dinner and to meet the other men that lived in the house.  To say I was nervous was an understatement. 

I dropped down onto the bed and stared at the ceiling and began to think. I thought about my friends and my family. Would they be looking for me?  Was my mom worried? 

My thoughts suddenly died down when I realized I was trapped in a room with nothing to entertain myself, in a house that is not my own.

I was bored. 

My body and mind had a habit of translating the feeling of boredom into that of hunger, granted I knew it was a less than ideal habit to have, I couldn't help it; especially in this situation where I was not permitted to do anything.

I got up from the bed and went to the door not having any faith that it was unlocked but miraculously it was. For people who seemed so dangerous, man were they stupid. Why would they leave the door to the hostage's room unlocked?

"Amateurs," I scoffed before turning the knob releasing myself from the prison I was once confined to.

I quietly made my way through the hallway recalling Alec's house tour. I soon after entered the kitchen and there I went to the fridge to see if anything piqued my interest. After browsing the contents of the fully stocked fridge through the glass area that lit up as soon as my presence before it was detected, I decided on making a simple grilled cheese sandwich. I opened the fridge and took out the necessary ingredients before searching the kitchen cabinets for a skillet. 

Well, I did find it but not before knocking down a large pile of pots causing a racket and alerting both Alec and Giovanni who both entered the kitchen with their guns pointed at me.

"Don't shoot!" I screamed 

"Oh my God Raelyn what are you doing down here? You could've gotten shot!" Giovanni said lowering his gun and running his free hand across his face.

"I was just trying to make something to eat, plus I was really bored," I explain while keeping an eye on Alec.

Throughout the conversation between Giovanni and me, Alec still had his gun pointed at me as if he was waiting on orders to take me out.

Upon realizing that I was staring at Alec, Giovanni finally noticed that Alec was still aiming at me, "Stand down Alec," Giovanni said. At his command, Alec lowered his gun.

"God why are you both so jumpy," I asked rolling my eyes.

"Well, baby girl we are in a dangerous business so we have to be prepared for anything," Giovanni said his eyes ever trained on me.

"Yeah ok, whatever can I go make my sandwich now?" I feigned bravery and disinterest.

"Sure, just don't knock anything else over, also don't think I didn't see you roll your eyes at me. Keep it up and the last thing you'll see is the inside of your head," He said while walking away leaving Alec to stand watch over me. 

This man seemed to be off his rockers but in a way, it was kind of charming.

I busied myself with making the sandwich after which I placed one in front of Alec, who looked at me amused.

"What are you doing?" he asked in a very deep and gruff voice.

"Making you something to eat, I said shrugging my shoulders and taking a seat.

"No thanks ma'am," he said.

"Come on Alec don't make me eat alone, besides I won't stop bothering you until you eat it," I said seriously.

"Fine," he said while taking a seat.

A/N 

First update in a while. I will try to update more often, I hope you all enjoy. Please do comment.

"

Mr. Mafia Man Kidnapped Me (BWWM)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें