Thunder bore down in one sickening strike, going head to head with the shield that formed a barrier around them. It easily broke from Liam's power, about to fry them all but another magnificent blue fire devoured it.

About damn time.

"Liam."

The Grand High Master Raegan marched towards us, accompanied by his most loyal guards, and they all saw the ruin and devastation done to this place.

The air went still with quiet authority as it hummed beneath Raegan's skin. A collective breath of relief escaped everyone and the smile fell from Liam's face.

"Stop this, little one. I know you are in pain, but violence will only make it worse." He implored to Liam's humanity and looked at him with soft yet steely eyes.

He took a step further but was stopped by Liam's question.

"Did you know?"

A flicker of guilt crossed over Raegan's face but it was gone in an instant, replaced with sadness as he looked at Liam's clenched fists and jaw. I could see the scene playing from afar, him being surrounded and on the defense. It's as if we were all looking at a wounded animal trying to protect itself.

My chest squeezed with pain.

"We all did." The answer crushed Liam. The cold mask he wore, cracked and made him expel harsh and shuddering breaths. He looked accusingly at everyone surrounding him and saw the same guilt in their expressions. These were his friends, his protectors, and I...held his heart.

"Then that's all I needed to hear."

He growled in anguish before blasting everyone with wildfire. Luckily, Raegan allowed his own blue flames to counter Liam's red ones. It collided and the energy and impact of it rattled the ground and shook the whole Palace.

"Clear the area!" I covered myself with an arm as the heat became unbearable. I ordered a squad to do damage control and ensure the veil was still up to hide from the outside world.

Two of my legion soldiers worked together to form a shield over us as we watched the last two Bloodbornes of our kind battle.

Red and blue flames brutally clashed with one another like opposing entities. Raegan did nothing more than to defend while Liam attacked. Liam's fire transformed into the form of a snake, coiled around his body and head raised to attack. Raegan's fire was made into a huge wolf, which shook its mane before staring ahead, baring its fangs, and hunching down ready for another strike.

Liam grew frustrated when Raegan showed no signs of fatigue unlike him. Ceasing his explosive red flames, he transformed it into his favorite weapon.

"That is enough, Liam." Raegan's voice was a hard warning as they looked at each other, noticing the destruction of what both their powers combined could go.

Liam shook his head and sprinted, but then he staggered and dropped to the ground on his knees with his power flickering out. I smelled it before I saw the blood leaking out of his nose.

Alarm radiated in every inch of my body, and I could fucking do nothing more than to stare as Raegan approached him.

"Liam-"

He punched Raegan under the chin, making the Grand High Master stumble backwards as the people around us expelled loud gasps and intakes of breath.

"Don't come near me." His icy words made me bristle, and the look in his eyes turned him into a stranger in front of me.

I was about to step out of the shield, but I saw Raegan signal with his hand to wait.

He took another step and it enraged Liam, causing him to summon the last of his strength to wield a flame dagger and stab Raegan right in the chest.