Chapter 32

Ryder's POV

I could hear his blood singing for me. It was crying for help.

The wounds that I got on my body didn't matter when I smelled Liam's blood and heard his voice in my head.

Help.

The unconscious part of his brain was calling out to me and even though my eyes couldn't see where he was, my sense of smell and my bond with Liam could make me find him even in the depths of hell.

I dropped the two vampires that I was carrying and told Kayne to lock them up. Natalie used a piece of their clothing to track the others.

I ran to where his blood smelled stronger and it led me close to the bridge on the southeast wing. I could feel him directly above me and I braced my feet before making the 30 ft jump.

I landed with a thud and saw him being cornered by 2 vampires while staying by his guard's side. They had dazed expressions because the smell of his blood was spreading even more. I clenched my teeth to stop myself from losing control.

You foolish human.

The darkness inside of me swallowed my mind when I saw he was trembling as the vampire reached out to his face.

"Ryder..."

When he called out my name, I moved so fast that the 2 vampires didn't even see me. They both looked surprised as I pressed Liam close to my chest and growled while gripping the wrist of the bastard who dared to touch him.

"Don't fucking touch him."

My voice, a promise of death. I felt Liam sag in relief before turning his body to hug me. When he looked up, I saw a single tear escaped his eye before he gave a pained smile.

"I knew you'd come."

They would die for being the cause of him making that expression. I swore on it.

My body began to shake with anger. My rage, a deadly weapon. I broke the wrist of the vampire I was grabbing, and he screamed in pain when I didn't let go.

I felt his bone crush underneath my hands and I twisted his arm, making the other bones break due to the pressure. Blood splurted out of his elbows when the bone punctured his skin.

Some of it went to my face and satisfaction ran through me when he screamed in agony.

Liam gripped my hand that was holding him and I noticed that he was unmoving. I kicked the vampire away from us to focus on Liam and he groaned, clutching his stomach.

I grabbed Liam's chin to make him look at me and saw that there were also blood speckled on his face. I could see fear in his eyes and felt that his body had gone cold.

I expected him to flinch when I touched his cheek using my blood stained hand but he didn't.

"Are you afraid of me?" I asked him and he remained unblinking as he stared at my eyes. He didn't answer and I growled when something inside my chest ached all of a sudden.

His eyes widened and the warmth had gone back before I pushed him out of the way. I hissed and red flooded my vision when I looked at the 2 vampires in front of me.

"Ryder I-"

I zoomed towards the other vampire's location and saw pure terror in his eyes as I neared him. I smelled urine coming from him as he tried to flee and leave his companion behind. He didn't get very far because I was on him in an instant, driving a foot down his back.

"Going somewhere?" I smashed both of his feet and toyed with him as I rotated my foot. He screamed and I stomped on it even harder.

"P-Please! Spare m-me! Please!" He begged and there was snot coming out of his nose. Pathetic. I thought.