Chapter 33

Liam's POV

I can't get used to the fact that there are servants doing things for me. Not to mention they always provide our meals and it tastes spectacular. I wouldn't put it past Raegan to not hire an executive chef just for us.

I was talking to my family as the servants moved the things I will need in Ryder's room.

I still can't wrap my head around it. I will be sleeping in Ryder's room. Wake up with him, eat with him, and spend all day with him. Not that I'm complaining. I'm just really really nervous.

"Are you sure you'll be okay there?" Mom asked for the hundredth time and I also told her yes for the hundredth time.

"He saved me. I trust him." I told her and she looked at me with uncertainty before she sighed.

"Commander Lockwood is one of the most skilled vampires that I know. Liam will be safe with him." Dad wrapped an arm around Mom's shoulder and kissed the side of her head.

I haven't told them about my relationship with Ryder yet. I don't think it's the right time.

"Ok. Just don't forget to be careful, all right?" I don't know why Mom is so hesitant about Ryder. Does she have an idea about him being the one who sent me to that hospital bed?

It was also another thing I was keeping from them. I don't want Ryder to be disliked by my family.

"Don't worry, I won't." I hugged them both and kissed Hannah's forehead before they left.

----

I was on my way to Ryder's room when I decided to take a little detour.

I wanted to check up on Chris to see if he was fine. He became part of my daily stroll since he goes wherever I go. He always makes sure that I have everything I need. From standing by my door from night to morning, and preparing the watering can before I water the flowers at the garden.

I passed by a lot of vampires as I headed to the infirmary. They bowed their heads and gave me curious looks as to why I'm in this part of the castle. I smiled awkwardly, still not used to all their gestures.

I asked the receptionist to tell me where Chris was, and she pointed to a bed at the corner of the room, covered by white curtain track.

As I was about to walk in that direction, other vampires who were in the room looked stunned and began lowering their selves on one knee.

"Oh my god, please don't!" I stopped them before they could do so and all of them shared looks with each other, unsure of what to do.

"It's okay, really. You don't have to. Please, I- it would make me happy if you just stood." To my relief, they stood up and just bowed their heads.

I took a peek inside the curtain and saw that Chris was sleeping. He looked tired, but I saw that he was fine. I decided to just leave the flowers and cookies that I made on his table.

I was about to leave when I heard,

"Your highness."

"Aaahh!!" I screamed and turned around to see that he was awake. I placed a hand on my chest as I looked at him.

He was about to raise himself up but I immediately pushed him back down on the bed. While I did, he looked at me with curiosity.

"Is there anything I can do?" He asked and I shook my head together with my hands.

"I just wanted to see if you were doing ok." I pointed to the flowers and cookies that I placed on his table and he looked so at loss for words that he just stared at me with surprise and a slightly open mouth.