A promise to the fallen

Percy pov
Ashes. Dust. Fires raging on mutilated corpses. I fell to my knees as I surveyed the damage. 3000 warriors gone in the blink of an eye. The Roman Gods were destroyed leaving the Greek ones weak. Hestia, already weakened by her Phoenix spirit attack, was so severely weakened that Hassan no longer had access to her power, leaving him only with his innate berserker ability. As I reflected on all that had happened I caught a glimpse of light in the ashes to the east. I ran there and uncovered the ash to reveal the eagle of the ninth legion. There was still a charred hand clutching it. The legion had obviously fought to their last breaths. I picked it up and then removed the hand. I swore then upon this weapon that I would kill End. This would be the legacy of Rome. As Aeneas avenged Troy through Rome, I would avenge Camp Jupiter.

Reyna POV
I stormed into End's throne room and slammed my sword down on the table. 'What the hell?!' He looked up at me bemused. 'I told you that we would cripple the enemy, it is done now. "THAT WAS MY HOME, THOSE WERE MY PEOPLE!" End stared at me chuckling. "The home you abandoned? the people you betrayed? I'm sure they knew how deeply you cared about them... oh wait. Now get out of here before I kill you."I ran out of the room and stormed back to my quarters. I took out a picture of Hassan and me from our time together. 'Please forgive me.' I whispered.