Prologue 7: The Warm-Hearted Principal

Start from the beginning

"Alright, I'm with you on this." Aria said, nodding. "Me as well." Jazmin added. Kira stared at them dubiously. "Oh, no! Not you too, girls!" she groaned. Jazmin sharply glared at Kira, making her flinch.

"Kira-chan, are you with us on this or not?" she asked firmly. Kira sighed as she rolled her eyes. Seeing that it was useless to try and reject this, she nodded reluctantly. "Ok, ok, he stays with us." she grumbled. "You girls..." Grim whispered. He honestly didn't think those simple girls would ask for something like that.

For his own sake

For his own sake. So this completely caught him by surprise. Alice then gave Crowley pleading eyes as she begged him to let Grim stay with them. "Please, Headmaster?" she asked. "Pretty please?" Aria added. Crowley looked at them in bewilderment before he sighed.

"...Hah. It can't be helped. Very well." he said as he placed his hands on his hips. "Hnn?! Really?!" Grim exclaimed happily as he looked at the Headmaster with gleaming stars in his cobalt eyes.

"However." Crowley quickly announced, his voice firm, "I can't simply allow someone, let alone a monster, who wasn't chosen by the Dark Mirror into this school." Grim's ears drooped with disappointment. Crowley then turned towards the four girls.

"Also, I can't let you girls be freeloaders here until you all return to your own world." he added sternly. "Freeloaders?" Aria asked. "O-Oh, no! No, sir! We don't intend to be—" Alice started to say. "Well... talk about short-lived joy..." Grim grumbled. He yowled when Kira conked her fist on his head. "Shut it." she said.

"Let me finish

"Let me finish." Crowley said, gaining back their attention. He cleared his throat. "Concerning the fact that your souls were called here, the school has to take responsibility as the ones in possession of the Dark Mirror." he said.

The girls all nodded her heads in understanding. "Understood, sir." Jazmin said. "Thank you very much, Headmaster." Aria added. "For the time being, you five shall be permitted to stay in this dormitory for free. But, other necessities you will have to provide for yourselves. Seeing as you have nothing to your names..." Crowley chuckled, grinning. "Fufu, here is my proposition."

The girls all gulped. They didn't like the sound of Crowley's tone at all. It can only mean something. "What exactly are you going to make us do?" Alice asked nervously. "No need to fret, I'll have you do maintenance and odd jobs around campus." Crowley said with a happy smile.

He took a good look at the lounge and saw that the four girls had cleaned it up rather nicely. "From what I can see, you're all pretty decent at cleaning. Would the five of you like to become the handymen of the school?"

"Handymen?" Aria asked. Crowley nodded. "This way you will receive special permission to remain on school grounds. I shall also allow usage of the library for you to gather information on how to return to your world and for learning purposes. For I am gracious."

But then, he shot the girls and Grim a stern glare. "However! Only after your work is done." he added sternly. The girls all nodded in understanding. "Y-Yes. Of course, sir..." Alice said. "Sure." Kira added. But Grim only gaped at Crowley. This whole thing just isn't fair!

"Eeeh?! I'm not okay with that!" he whined

"Eeeh?! I'm not okay with that!" he whined. "I wanna wear that fancy uniform and be a student!" The other girls glared at Grim. "Grim...!" they all warned. "If you're unsatisfied with that, fine. I'll simply toss you out again." Crowley said simply. Grim tensed when he heard that.

"Your call, buster." Kira said mockingly. "Either stay here and behave or get yourself kicked out for good." Grim was starting to sweat bullets. Being a great magician was something he desperately wanted. He couldn't let himself get kicked out a second time.

 He couldn't let himself get kicked out a second time

"Ffgnnaa?! I get it! I just have to do it. Just do it!" he shouted, quickly taking back his words. Alice nodded and curtsied. The other girls did the same. "We understand. Thank you very much, Headmaster." Alice said. "Thank you." the other girls replied in unison.

Crowley smiled. "Wonderful. Then, you five, devote yourselves to working as janitors at Night Raven College starting tomorrow!" he declared. With that being said, Crowley bade the girls good night and headed out the dorm's doors.