Prologue 6: An Exceptional Trial!

Start from the beginning

They've read his movements and timed when they should dodge his flame attacks. Every time Grim breathed out his flames, they zipped left and right with the speed of lightning, evading his fireballs with ease.

"Funya! My flames aren't hitting at all!" Grim growled, stamping his paw in frustration. Aria then turned towards Grim. "Grim, try listening to our directions. We'll tell you where the ghosts are. Don't give up." she said encouragingly. Grim gawked at her. "Eh? Listen to your directions?" he asked.

He then turned away from her and shook his head. "I don't wanna! Who'd do something so bothersome..." Before he could finish, Alice spotted movement in the far corner and a white shape was heading towards Grim whose back was facing it.

"Behind you!" Alice cried out. Grim looked up at her. "...Eh, behind me?" he asked as he turned around to look. Suddenly, the short ghost materialized right in front of Grim and made a terrifying face. "Boooo!" he shrieked. Grim was so startled by the ghost's sudden and frightening appearance that he leapt 10 feet into the air.

 Grim was so startled by the ghost's sudden and frightening appearance that he leapt 10 feet into the air

"Fugyaa————!!" he screamed in terror. In his fright, he spewed out a jet of blue flames right into the short ghost's face. "Aaaaaaaiiiiiieeee!" the short ghost shrieked in pain as he covered his burnt face and floated away.

Grim trembled with wide eyes as he cowered behind Alice's legs. That was absolutely terrifying! "Th-th-th-th-th-th-that one just now was pretty helpful, I guess!" he stuttered. "Are you alright, Grim?" Alice asked as she bent down to pick Grim up. "D-Dunno..." he said, still trembling.

Alice stroked his back to soothe him, and Grim melted at her touch as he started to purr. Alice giggled. He really was like a cat. "Don't let your guard down yet, girls. Those ghosts might not give up that easily." Jazmin said firmly.

The girls all nodded as they braced themselves for another attack. Underneath their feet, the short ghost and the fat ghost tried to surprise them through the floorboards, but the girls were quick to point them out. "Funyaa~~~~~~!" Grim yelled as he launched his blue flames at them.

"Ouch!" the fat one yelped as he frantically patted his burning arms. "Ouchhhh!" the thin ghost shrieked as he tried to put out the blue flames on his top hat. Grim stared at the ghosts in shock. His attacks were working! They were turning the tide!

"W-Wow! It's working!" he exclaimed. He then turned towards the girls. "Hey, you! What do we do next?!" he demanded. The girls looked at each other before Jazmin spoke up. "Try pressing them as hard as you can and fast all at once." she said.

Grim paused as he processed her words. "Press them hard and fast all at once?" he questioned. It took him a few seconds for him to understand what she had meant before his cobalt eyes widened. "I got it, yanno!" he exclaimed before he faced the incoming ghosts.

"Funyuuuuu...Take that~~~~~~~!!" he yelled before he took a deep breath and spewed out a large torrent of blue flames at them. The three ghosts' eyes widened with fear as they quickly turned away from his hot flames.