𝗧𝗛𝗔𝗟𝗜𝗔

𝗁𝖾𝖺𝗅𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗐𝗈𝗋𝗅𝖽 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝖼𝗈𝗆𝖾𝖽𝗒,
𝗂𝗇𝖽𝖾𝗌𝖼𝗋𝗂𝖻𝖺𝖻𝗅𝖾 𝗉𝗈𝗐𝖾𝗋 𝗈𝖿 𝗒𝗈𝗎𝗋 𝖼𝗈𝗆𝖾𝖽𝗒,
𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗐𝗈𝗋𝗅𝖽 𝗇𝖾𝖾𝖽𝗌 𝖽𝗂𝗋𝖾𝖼𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

𝗖𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗱𝘆, 𝘣𝘰 𝘣𝘶𝘳𝘯𝘩𝘢𝘮

"𝗜𝗳 𝗜 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗺𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝗶𝘁 𝗮𝗻𝘆𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 in life, Jenny is going to feel so bad," Kerry said

"𝗜𝗳 𝗜 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗺𝗮𝗸𝗲 𝗶𝘁 𝗮𝗻𝘆𝘄𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 in life, Jenny is going to feel so bad," Kerry said. It's not entirely untrue. Their school librarian is a bitter old wench who hates Kerry's guts. That being said, Kerry's not sure if Jenny is capable of feeling anything but anger. She'd probably just cackle and say something like 'She still has four late books!' while flying away on her broomstick to curse Kerry.

"Uh-huh," Ava replied. She was scrolling on her phone as they walked, but still managed to infuse her tone with disbelief. "Sure."

"She would!" Kerry insisted. "She'd be like 'I'm so sorry I got that kid a week of afterschool detention, back in the tenth grade.'"

"She wouldn't remember that," Ava pointed out. "She's like a bajillion years old. She doesn't remember my name and I'm always in there to print things for my bio teacher."

Kerry huffed. "She'd remember me. She hates me."

Ava just made a noise of agreement and kept scrolling. Kerry didn't doubt she was reading some scientific study or something, instead of social media like a normal teen.

"No, seriously." Kerry snagged the sleeve of Ava's sleeve to pull her back on to the sidewalk. "She's going to see me on the news and her heart's gonna stop."

"Why would you be on the news? Because when I think of you, I immediately assume you'd be . . . I don't know, on the run from the police because you committed a felony or something."

"No! I'd . . . be a celebrity or something. I'll blow up on TikTok."

Ava scoffed, and shook Kerry off her sleeve. "Sure. If you blow up on TikTok I'll make sure to show Jenny."

It was quiet for a moment. They were walking uphill now, still five minutes from their home. It was kind of sad that Kerry's only friend was her younger sister, but she couldn't find it in herself to care. Ava was nice—sometimes—and she was forced to hang out with Kerry because of the wonders of adoption. It was basically a free friend.

"Thanks for waiting for me," Kerry said suddenly, in an surprising moment of seriousness. "I don't like walking home alone."

Ava rolled her eyes, but she was smiling. "I know. But I didn't do it for you. I needed to ask Mr. Cassidy about the lab last week."