𝗧𝗘𝗥𝗣𝗦𝗜𝗖𝗛𝗢𝗥𝗘

𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝖼𝖺𝗇 𝖽𝖺𝗇𝖼𝖾,
𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝖼𝖺𝗇 𝗃𝗂𝗏𝖾,
𝗁𝖺𝗏𝗂𝗇𝗀 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗍𝗂𝗆𝖾 𝗈𝖿 𝗒𝗈𝗎𝗋 𝗅𝗂𝖿𝖾,
𝗈𝗈𝗁, 𝗌𝖾𝖾 𝗍𝗁𝖺𝗍 𝗀𝗂𝗋𝗅

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

𝗗𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗤𝘂𝗲𝗲𝗻; 𝘢𝘣𝘣𝘢

𝗠𝗲𝗲𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗗𝗲𝘃𝘆𝗻 𝗵𝗮𝗱 𝘀𝗵𝗮𝗸𝗲𝗻 𝗣𝗼𝗹𝗮𝗿𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗰𝗼𝗿𝗲

𝗠𝗲𝗲𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗗𝗲𝘃𝘆𝗻 𝗵𝗮𝗱 𝘀𝗵𝗮𝗸𝗲𝗻 𝗣𝗼𝗹𝗮𝗿𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝗰𝗼𝗿𝗲. Yes, the girl was cool and actually pretty understanding about Greek mythology, but it put this whole quest into perspective. Polaris was here, dragging innocent kids into her dangerous world of gods and monsters. Yes, they'd get training and protection, and they were old enough to get claimed, but she just wanted them to be able to live a long, happy life.

When Polaris was younger, she'd dreamt of her mother whisking her away, far from her father and the life she had in Houston. Now, she found herself wishing that she'd have just a little more time with her father.

The globe was leading her to Houston. She didn't ask her mother to guide her to her father, only to the nearest daughter of a muse. Either Urania was working against her, or she had had a cousin in Houston this entire time.

Whatever the reason the orb was sending her to Houston, it didn't take as long as it should have. Lester ran fast, even with three riders. When they reached the outskirts of the city, Polaris let him go hunting, with the promise he wouldn't attack a mortal.

They began to walk, just wandering until the orb could calibrate and show them a more accurate view of where the next child of a muse was.

When Polaris began to recognize the landscape, she grew concerned. There wasn't even the slightest possibility of growing up next door to her cousin and not knowing. It just wasn't possible.

"Oh, no," she muttered. Her hands slumped, letting the orb fall. She caught it-- she wasn't going to let a gift from her mother break on the dirty sidewalk-- no matter how much she wanted to take it and throw it until shattered into a million pieces.

"What is it?" Annabeth demanded. "Are we in the wrong place?"

Polaris shook her head, scoffing. This was a sure of a sign as any. She'd put off visiting her dad for too long. She just wished it had been her choice instead of her mother intervening. Surely a goddess would understand complicated relationships?

"Urania's sending me on a detour," she said. Her voice wavered, like she was still a scared nine year old. "It'll only take a bit."