Indie Dev Confessions (Game developer AU)

You were waiting in line for a signing of a copy of your favorite game and bounced giddily with your friend who was chuckling at your enthusiasm.

"Its too bad your brother is off at college with his girlfriend to see how excited you are." he said gently elbowing you in the side.

"What are you talking about? He's graduated by this point and is running his company with his fiancé, the same girl from college." you correct him pulling out the postcard of the night of his proposal. "See?"

"Oh jeeze i'm getting behind again aren't i?" your friend asked to which you chuckled.

"Crash course after the signing. i promise." you say as you move up in the line and notice how close you were to the guest developer of your favorite series.

"Oh man I'm so excited! I just want to gush so bad but I know that could get them annoyed with me." You say bouncing a bit in place before feeling your friends hand hold you down.

"Take a deep breath." They said to which you do and visibly relax. "Now why would they get mad at you. They adore their fans."

"Your right your right." You say as you move up to being next and feel nervous.

"Are you nervous? Man you're never nervous unless there's a cute girl around." Fr/N teased making you flush a bit and smack him in the arm before the group ahead of you two moved and it turns out it was the lead developer of your favorite game Tari Troper.

You were struck dumb by her natural adorable nature and Fr/n had to jump in to help when she couldn't get your attention.

"Sorry he's a really big fan of this series but he's got a crippling fear of girls he finds attractive." He said gently prying the copy of the game from your hands and handing it to her while she was a bit flushed but not enough to others.

"Well tell him I say thank you for the compliment." She said after signing the copy and handing it back to you with a small wink.

That probably was the last thing you saw as your brain shut down entirely for cognitive thought and rebooted on the drive home.

"There you are bud, thought we lost you for a minute." Fr/n teased while sounding concerned.

"Sorry, I uh, yeah." You said trying to find words before looking at the signed copy of your game.

"I get it but I'm glad you brought me along to help if that happened. She seemed to be really appreciative of the compliment." Your friend said as you opened the case to have a note fall into your lap.

You want to ask your friend if this was a prank when you don't recognize the number at all. You tense up as you pull out your phone and put the number in to text it.

"Hello I found this number inside my game case and was wondering if this was Tari?"

It took a moment but you heard your phone ping.

"Yes hello Y/n I did put that in there in the hopes you would like to talk to me indirectly to not get you to tense up."

Your heart practically skipped a beat.

"Thank you so much!"

This was the first day of you being friends with a game developer that would soon blossom into something beautiful.

———————————
A/N
Hi Everybody! Been a while I know. First let me thank @NWRfanatic2021 for the prompt.

I hope to get the rest of the prompts done soon but if you want to give me some ideas leave them in the comments below.

Until next
Time