Chapter Twenty-five

The sun was shining brightly in the bright blue sky with few white, fluffy clouds. A cool, gentle breeze was blowing, making this July day not too hot and the perfect weather for the wedding.

The garden of Salvia's palace had been decorated beautifully. Salvia had outdone herself and had done a fantastic job. At the entrance of the garden and at the front were arches of white flower arrangements. Row after row of white wooden chairs were occupied and unoccupied by the guests. A vases of red roses was placed beside every other row of chairs.

Ash, along with his best man, Gary, who had been his best man at his wedding to Misty, were at the front. Salvia stood behind Ash with a smile gracing her face. She was dressed in a powder blue gown that graced the floor. Her hair was straight and held back by her crown. She had worn her crown because this was an important event and so that people wouldn't mistake her and Dawn for each other.

In the front row of chairs, Delia, Pikachu, and Piplup sat. Delia was smiling at her son. She was proud that her son had found happiness once more. Delia was dressed in a long, light pink dress that had two straps and her hair was pushed back by a white headband.

Some of the guests that were there were Ash's friends that he had met while on his journeys. He saw Brock, Tracey, Leaf; who was Gary's wife, Drew; who was married to May (she was one of the bridesmaids), Iris, Cilan, Bonnie, and Clemont. Even some of the Sinnoh gym leaders had came along with Cynthia. The gym leaders in attendance were Roark, Gardenia, Maylene, Candice, and Volkner. Alex and Julia's friends were scattered around the area, sitting with their families.

Salvia looked around and after a moment, she signaled for the music to start playing.

May, Serena, and Leona appeared. They were each dressed in one shoulder, knee length, sapphire blue satin dresses. Their hair was half up and half down. May was leading and Serena and Leona were following behind her beside one another, making a triangle. Following behind the three was Zoey, who was Dawn's maid of honor. She was dressed in the same dress as the others.

Once Zoey reached the front, Alex appeared and started down the path, holding a white cushion that had the rings resting on it. Following behind Alex was Julia and Sarah, who wore matching baby blue, floor length dresses that had two straps. Julia's hair was straight while Sarah's hair was curled and her crown was on her head. They carried a white basket in their hands and were dropping flower petals.

The music then changed to the bridal march and everyone stood up, looking towards the entrance of the garden. Dawn and Johanna appeared. Johanna was dressed in a teal, floor length dress with thin straps. They started walking down the aisle.

Dawn was wearing a white halter, chiffon, A-line dress with a small train following behind her as she walked. A silver design was on the upper half of the dress. Her veil was long and the material looked glittery. Dawn's makeup was done to perfection. Her eyeshadow had been done in natural tones and her eyes were brought out by eyeliner and mascara. Her cheeks were a light pink and her lips were the same color. Her hair had been curled and was framing her face. She had diamond stud earrings in her ears. She had a smile on her face and as she walked, she never looked away from Ash.

She's so beautiful. I'm so lucky. Ash thought as he watched Dawn walk down the aisle. He was unable to look away and everyone else had faded from his sight. He saw only her.

Today is the day that I get to say 'I do.' I'll become Mrs. Dawn Ketchum soon. Dawn thought happily. She tightened her grip on her bouquet of roses.

When they reached the front, Johanna turned to Dawn and hugged her. She then stepped over to Ash and hugged him, whispering in his ear, "I know that you'll take care of her and make her very happy."