Chapter Eleven

It was Christmas Eve night. Dawn and Julia were at Ash's house, since Alex and Julia decided to have a Christmas party and invite some of their friends. Alan, Anthony, Grace, Isla, and Trey were over and all of the kids were having fun.

The Ketchum household was decorated a lot. This seemed to be their favorite holiday. The living room had been rearranged to make room for the tree, which was in the corner of the room with lights that were red, blue, green, and yellow. Alex and Julia's stockings were hanging under the television, and the ornaments decorating the tree consisted of candy canes, different colored spheres, along with a baby's first Christmas ornament, and many others. Removable stickers were on the windows, doors, and walls. The stickers varied from 'Merry Christmas!' to Santa, snowmen or snowflakes, and many others pictures. Christmas music was playing and the kids were singing along with the songs.

Ash and Dawn had gone into the kitchen to make the kids some hot chocolate and get the food ready, since they hadn't really eaten much. But they were all having fun and food was the last thing on their minds. Ash removed seven mugs and faced Dawn.

"Do you want a cup?" he asked.

"Sure," Dawn replied.

Ash removed two more mugs and fixed the hot chocolate while Dawn got some food set out. Dawn walked to get the kids so they would come and eat.

"I think it would hurt if you got ran over by a Stantler." Trey said. Laughter followed behind what Trey had just said and even Dawn laughed slightly.

"Hey, I know you guys are having fun, but you need to eat. We've got hot chocolate-"

The kids bolted to the kitchen once they heard 'hot chocolate.' Dawn walked back to the kitchen and took the mug Ash held out towards her.

The kids were eating some ham or turkey sandwiches and cookies. Once they were finished, they returned to the living room.

"So what do you hope to get for Christmas?" Grace asked.

"I hope to get some new art supplies." Isla said.

"You and art..." Trey muttered.

Isla shoved her brother and stuck her tongue out at him.

"I hope I get a new video game system." Trey said. "I hear the new Playstation 4 and Xbox One systems are good."

"You and your games." Isla said.

"I hope I get some new hockey equipment." Alex said.

"I hope to get a new dance game." Julia said.

"I hope I can get some new accessories." Grace said.

"I hope to get some new CDs." Alan said.

"I hope I get some games." Anthony said.

The song changed and Grace jumped up. "Oh, I love this song!" she cried and started to dance around the living room.

Dawn was standing in the doorway with her camera. She had been taking pictures of the kids tonight and she snapped a picture of Grace. She smiled, glad that all of the kids were having a good time.

Isla and Julia hopped up and started dancing around with Grace. The boys looked at them and laughed slightly. Once the song ended, the girls sat back down, laughing.

"Hey, is Santa even real? Because Amy says he's not." Isla asked suddenly.

"Yes, Santa is real. My dad and his friends met Santa once." Alex replied.

"Really?!"

"Yep. See, Santa's Jynx had drifted out to sea on a piece of ice that had broken off from the North Pole. My dad and his friends found the Jynx and Jynx had Santa's boot." Alex explained.