Chapter Nineteen

Dawn was standing there, kissing another man. Ash could only stare in shock at the scene before him. Once his brain fully registered the scene in front of him, the shock vanished and was replaced with anger.

"What are you doing?!" he yelled.

Hearing his voice, Dawn quickly spun around. She saw Ash standing in the door, pain and anger visible in his eyes. She then realized something very important...she was about to lose the man she loved because of that kiss!

Ash turned and walked out of the door, anger clearly visible on his face. She hadn't answered him, only stared at him in shock when he entered the house. Had she been lying the whole time during their relationship? Had she cheated on him the whole time?

Dawn quickly ran out of her house and grabbed his arm but Ash still tried to continue walking.

"Stop! Please!" she cried desperately.

Ash yanked his arm from her grip and faced her, the anger clearly showing.

"I thought you loved me, Dawn. But it appears that there was someone else the entire time!" Ash yelled.

"Please, Ash! Let me explain!" Dawn begged.

"Explain what? There's nothing to explain! I saw you kissing him without remorse! You didn't even seem to care about me! How do you 'explain' that?"

"It was a mistake! It meant nothing to me!"

"Nothing? It sure didn't look like that. Why were your eyes closed when you were kissing him? Did you forget about me? Do I mean nothing to you?"

"No! I love you, Ash!"

"Yeah, right. I saw you kissing him! Did he force himself onto you so that he could kiss you?"

"Ash, I...I can't lie to you. No, he leaned in for a kiss and I let him."

"So you kissed him back? You admit it? You aren't denying it?"

"No, I'm not. I...I don't know what came over me. But please listen, Ash. That guy, he's...he told me..."

"I don't want to hear any excuses!"

"But I just-"

"I SAID I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT! You broke my heart! I thought that I could finally move on with my life when I met you, but it turns out that our relationship was nothing but a big lie! We are through, Dawn!"

Dawn had tears in her eyes. Not yet falling, but would soon be falling.

"Oh yeah...Alex and Julia are not allowed to see each other anymore and are not allowed at each others' houses. No playing, no helping with homework at home, nothing. Make sure you tell Julia that." Ash said, walking across the street to his house without a second glance.

Dawn choked back a sob, but shook her head, letting her tears fall freely as she collapsed to her knees. Her hand was clenched around the necklace that Ash had given her for Christmas, tugging at it as she cried. No matter how hard she tried to stop crying, she couldn't.

"Forget about him, Dawn. He's gone, we can be together now." said the man behind her.

Her body tensed from hearing his voice. She stood up and spun around, her hand connecting with his cheek. He jerked back and stared at her in shock from her slapping him. She was angry at him for kissing her...just seconds before Ash came in, no less. Because of him, she had lost the man she loved.

"We will never be together. Never! I just lost the man I love because you came back here." she said, glaring at him. She saw a red hand print appearing on his cheek.