We ended up spending hours at Regina house. I guess Legend didn't mind because he was occupied with the guys watching tv while I helped Ms.Regina cook.

What did you say your mothers name was again?

Hailey Anderson.

Thats crazy that I don't know any Haileys. I've been in Baltimore all my life and I know people from the west to the east, even up north and out south.

My mom was a homebody, she even worked from home when I was younger. She got married and it was still the same thing.

What's your fathers name?

I don't know I never met him, it was always just me and my mom until she met Julian then married him.

Hell I don't know a Julian neither.

Julian is from St.Louis if I'm not mistaken, he moved out here for work. My moms people are from Dallas.

How did she end up here?

Honestly I don't know.

Me and Ms.Regina continued to talk about random things, we all ate dinner and I watched as they played cards. Her and Legend literally won every game. They made a good team but I would never tell him that because knowing him he might get mad. It was almost 10 and we were just now leaving. Legend had to stop and get some weed from his friend Ant then we headed home. Once we got there we took a shower which led to sex and we were now laying down watching tv.

My phone vibrated so I picked it up and saw that it was a text from Lauren

It took some convincing but he agreed to go. Did Legend or Genesis say what time we were leaving?

Yea, tomorrow night at 8.

Ok see y'all tomorrow.

Ok good night.

That was Lauren, she said Lennox agreed to go.

Aight.

My phone vibrated again but this time is was Genesis.

Did you ever find a decorator?

Yes, I'll screenshot her page and send it to you.

Nah handle all that, just let me know how much.

Ok

I put my phone on the charger then got comfortable.

I like your moms, she's very blunt but she's cool and down to earth.

Yea she aight.

I really pray that y'all find peace with one another. I would kill to still have my mom here.

Me and Regina gone always have that love hate bond. It just is what it is. We've learned to adapt and just accept it for what it is.

I really hate that you call her Regina.

What else am I suppose to call her?

How about what other normal people call their mothers. Ma, mama, mommy you know the names that all kids call their mother.

We ain't normal. I ain't called that lady mama in over 10 years. When we have kids imma teach them to call you Hope.

Just know that you and yo kids both gone get popped in y'all mouths.

Yo ass bet not put yo hands on shit that come from my nut sack.

Boy what?

I'm dead ass, my pops never whooped me nor did Regina. So I ain't letting nobody whoop my kids, not even me.

That explains everything. That's why your so messed up, they never whooped yo ass.

What does whooping kids really do?

It teaches them discipline. And considering the fact my kids will have your blood and have a uncle like Genesis, I just know they gone be bad which means they gone need them butts tapped.

That ain't gone solve shit. Imma talk to mine and let them know exactly where they messed up at. Then imma explain to them not to do the shit again.

And when all that fails and they still do it again then what?

Then you give out punishments and take things away from them that will hurt them and make them learn their lesson. I'll never forget I got in trouble in school one time, I was in the 5th grade tryna be the class clown and shit. Cracking jokes on the teacher and made her cry, then i stated mocking her and put on a baby voice and everything. Do you know my pops went out and brought me all kinds of Bob the builder, and Lion king jogging suit with the gym shoes to match and made me wear that shit to school for a month. The kids clowned me so bad and called me a baby and everything. I was sick ass hell. But I leaned my lesson and never did no shit like that again. Then one time he took my play station, Hope I swear on my life I thought I was gone die, I was having trouble breathing and everything.

I couldn't believe him right now, I had tears in my eyes from how hard I was laughing.

You think it's funny but it wasn't. I was 10 battling depression. I would rather he had whooped my ass then did that type of shit. So trust me whooping on a kid ain't the answer.

Because you got parenting all figured out.

Nah, but it can't be that hard. Love provide for and protect what you created, it's just that simple. I want my kids to grow up in a house with both they parents, all that two parents house hold shit ain't it. Kids be needing stability. They need that love and nurturing from their mothers, and they need that sternness and honesty from their fathers. Separating the two most of the times mess up the kids, look at me and G.

But let's be real Legend, it doesn't always work like that, and sometimes a two parent household is the only option that's left. I know I'll love my kids to death and do anything to make them happy. But faking it and trying to be a family with their father when I know it's probably not what's best won't cut it for me. Me and mine will be gone and they'll see daddy on the weekends.

Oh who you having kids with?

Stop playing with me.

Yo ass can't be having them by me talking about they'll see daddy on the weekends, if anything they'll be seeing yo ass on the weekends, and for 2 weeks in the summer, you can get them on Martin Luther king birthday, Labor Day and Veterans Day, that's about it.

Your really special in the head you know that?

And the head you be giving me make me feel so special, so come on.

On that note, good night.

You doing that again?

Yup.

Sayless.

I was trying my hardest not to laugh so I turned over.

Legend was livid, he was mumbling all kinds of smart stuff under his breath.

I'm just playing come on I said grabbing at his shorts but he smacked my hand.

If you touch me again imma drag yo ass the way Ike drug Anna Mae down that hallway when she told him all his music sound the same.

You are so damn extra.

Whatever he said turning over.

I laid back down and scooted as close as I could next to him.

Get yo damn ass off my back.

I didn't move an inch, I closed my eyes and pictured the palm trees in LA, I was beyond excited. Eventually sleep took over my body.