53- Shit Hits the Fan

Start from the beginning

They supposed she was waiting for Remus to be awake to have that particular conversation.

The hospital wings opened only a sliver and Harlow slipped through the crack. She on instinct looked over to Remus' bed to see if he was awake yet, but he was not. Her heart sunk lower at the knowledge that it was her fault that he was in this 'coma' type thing.

Snape snapped his head to look at Harlow and clashed his teeth together. "The mud-blood is back." He snarled aggressively, finally coming back to himself.

Harlow rolled her eyes and ignored him. "Where Dumbledore?" She questioned noticing his absence. McGonagall had left in the morning to teach, and Madam Pomfrey was dismissed and told to get some rest, however Dumbledore remained in the hospital wing with the group.

James shrugged and put his feet up on the edge of Peter's bed. "I dunno, he said he'd be back soon." He replied, "You're looking much better." He hummed with a soft smile.

Harlow smiled back at him and shoved her hands into her hoodie pocket. "Yup! No blood no mud." She muttered and fiddled with the material of the hoodie. "I just-" she started but was cut of by Snape as he tried to scramble to his feet.

Harlow quickly went over to steady him, having noticed the unsteadiness of his legs as he clambered out of his bed. He recoiled from her touch and sent her a glare. "I don't want to be touch by the likes of you. Filthy mongrel mutant." He hissed loudly, spitting at her as he spoke.

Harlow wiped her cheek where a particularly large bead of spit hit her. "I'd be careful about how you speak to me." Harlow warned in a low volume, narrowing her eyes at him.

"Harlow, he's foul." Peter chimed, "Don't give him the attention he so desperately seeks."

"Was that a threat?" Snape dared to question. "You know I could leave here right now and tell everyone what you really are." He threatened, his lips tilting into an ugly smirk.

"And tell them what exactly?" Harlow replied, her own smug smile resting on her face. "That I'm one of the most powerful people on this planet. That, I dunno, I helped save the world and you lot could be dead or living like prisoners if it weren't for my team and I. Huh, you wanna go and tell them that? Be my guest." Harlow spoke slowly, enjoying every word that she was saying that ruined his only leverage. It gave her such great joy to see unworthy people being put in their place.

"They won't be so happy to learn about your filthy beast of a friend. The freak. The disgusting animal." Snape taunted, making James stand up and threateningly walk over.

"You wouldn't dare." James refuted his words and made sure to tower over him.

"Oh but I would." Snape repeated, staring up at James. "In fact I might do it now-" He stated and took a step towards the door.

Harlow grabbed her gun from in her pocket and pulled it out, pointing it directly at Snape. "Sit the fuck down! She instructed, her voice dead calm, which even caused Sirius to come out of his trance.

Snape's eyes went wide, his hands going up into the air as he immediately recognised what the weapon was. Peter knew what it was but James and Sirius on the other hand weren't quite sure, then being pure-bloods and all.

Snape's body was shaking uncontrollably as he paused. "There's no bullets." He murmured in a pathetic attempt to challenge Harlow.

Harlow scoffed, "Really." She stated and fired her gun just to the right of Snape and into the wall. The boys jumped at the loud noise and Snape cowered in on himself. "Sit the fuck down!" Harlow repeated at a yell, and kept her gun targeted on Snape as he moved back to his bed.