6.

- The land is a chief; man is its servent

- The land is a chief; man is its servent. -

CW: drugs, mention of human trafficking.

Around early afternoon and her work shift, Lilo headed towards Wanda's place to meet up with the two girls. The house further down the hill belonged to her best friend and twin brother Pietro. It radiated a warm feeling when standing in front of it on the street, the light brown colored plantation style house with a colorful turquoise roof was filled up with so much memories throughout the years they'd known each other. She remembered the day when the siblings bought it a couple of years ago and Wanda argued for days with Pietro to paint the yellow panels brown. Pietro liked it yellow, but after some persuasion from Wanda, well Lilo would call it begging, he gave in.

Both of them worked at the city's hospital. Wanda as a nurse and Pietro as a really successful head of department of medicine. He'd provided them with more than enough from where they started at the bottom in their early years. The promise to himself to take care of him and his sister well being and have a safe future was never going to be hard to keep.

Growing up in a orphan hadn't made them ending in feeling lost and unloved. They had each other which was enough for the Maximoff siblings. They'd made their own path to lead them where they wanted to be in life, a well deserved one.

Lilo knocked on the front door to announce her arrival. Wanda opened the door and greeted her with a grin and hug before they entered the cozy home.

They walked down the hallway to enter the backyard through the wide opened patio door.
" God I'm exhausted today. You should've seen the last patient I had before ending my shift. A grumpy old man who couldn't hear the truth about the fact that his smoking addiction was the reason for his breathing struggles. " She rubbed her eyes with a heavy sigh.

Natasha was already sitting on a quilted blanket on the lawn, leaning back on her palms while sunbathing in a bikini and shorts. She waved to the two approaching girls as they sat down. A pizza in a cardboard was already waiting for them to dig in to. Steam from it filled the air.

Lilo gave Natasha a side hug when she sat down before grabbing a slice to munch on.
" What did he say? " She asked Wanda.

Wanda rolled eyes, just the thought of the man made her look tired. " He kept on telling me that it wasn't my opinion to utter, thought it absolutely was a true fact since I also showed him a MRI scan of his lungs. Then his wife started to argue with him about that he shouldn't be so harsh on me and that I only do my job. "

" Yez...guess I shouldn't be complaining about my costumers at work then. " Lilo sighed.

" But enough about work now ladies. I'm getting all bored just hearing about it, no offense but I had the slowest day at the hospital. Did you buy some Wands? " Natasha asked.