2.

- Now is the moment of power

- Now is the moment of power. -

CW: drinking, drug use, mention of death, blood.

The surprise she got when seeing the new neighbors house with life when walking out, but to see the mentioned James step out from the front door was a bigger surprise. Lilo didn't knew much about cars, but the shiny black sports car that stood parked on the driveway looked way more expensive than the house. It had only been a couple of hours since the sign was being put out on the lawn, but according to how fast he'd come, it seemed like he already was on his way as soon as the house stood in his name. The perks of being a business man and not worry about the financial part in life and travel across the country whenever feeling to. Now, she just waited to greet him properly while taking the surfboard off the roof to place in the garage.

She went inside to pull on a cream hoodie since it got a bit chillier with the sun setting. When returning back out, a loud scream made her jump in her tracks.

" SON OF A - "

Realizing that the sound came from the newly moved in neighbor, she just needed to walk a few feet to stand outside his house. She peaked through the hedge that surrounded the house to see the neighbor limping by the front door, hissing and swearing to himself. A nail gun laid broken on the marble porch along with a sign.

She prepared herself to take the first step to great the new neighbor. Despite it didn't seemed it would be under the best circumstances.

Quietly, she walked over to stand in front of the muttering man who currently stood hunched over on the porch. She cleared her throat to make her appearance known, widened eyes staring up at her.

" Hi! You okay? " She asked gently.

He straightened up and stroked back his short raven colored hair, eyes lingering on her for a while before he took a deep breath. A sight fell from his lips as he sat down on the top of the stair.

A forced smile was plastered on his face in an attempt to try to hide the obvious pain.
" Hi, not really. I shot my self in the foot with that piece of shit when I tried to fasten up the sign. "

He pointed to the gun next to him where a sign with a name laid. Barnes was engraved with silver letters on a charcoal black sign. The traces of blood drops on the marble porch made her eyes widen.

A gasp fell from her lips. " Oh god! Can I help you with anything? "

He shook his head and took of the shoe on the wounded foot, he hissed as it slipped of. The once white reveling sock was instead covered in read. Small drops of blood dripped down onto the white marble staircase.

She didn't even know how she did it, but when blinking, she was closer to him than intended. He looked up at her through his dark lashes.

" You sure? It looks pretty bad to be honest. " She pointed out softly. The visible nail in the foot made her suddenly feeling nauseous, stomach turning in discomfort and she tried to swallowed down sourness in her throat.