|chapter 17|James Potter-the idiot|

Start from the beginning

The library was calm when Severus was halfway through 'the hobbit' and almost done with one of his chocolate frogs. Then he lifted his head and looked through the window. Snape was already supposed to be in bed. If he would get caught, he would be punished. He took a potion book on his way to the the exit. The librarian glanced at him and, after inspecting the boy with her eyes and seeing the Ravenclaw tie, she let the boy take the advanced book and leave the library. He walked down the hallway and heard a scattering of feet behind. He turned around and inspected his surroundings. There was nobody behind yet he still felt uncomfortable, almost as if someone was watching his every move. The raven-haired boy decided that he was being ridiculous. They turned back around and kept walking. Severus soon heard the footsteps behind him again and he turned around faster with his wand out.

"Who is out there?" - he asked the air. He must look very stupid from the side. Severus let out a sigh. He must be very paranoid, still expecting something or someone to jump at him from behind at every second. He heard a meow. Mrs. Norris was standing there, not yet looking at him, but the Ravenclaw boy would soon be noticed. Then a hand grabbed his and dragged him closer. He was prepared to yell out for someone but a hand on his mouth and a grinning face of Potter and Black next to him. They carefully and gently dragged him behind an alcove, so nobody could see them. Potter poked out his head from what seemed to be an old, warned-down bed sheet.

"what-" - Severus was beginning to question, but Potter hid back behind the bed sheet and covered his mouth. 'Shh' he shushed Snape. All three boys watched the cat go by them and pass them as if they were not even there. 'The invisibility cloak' his mind helped him out. Potter took off the cloak and turned to him with that stupid dopey smile. Severus frowned.

"Potter, you idiot." - he said simply. Black giggled and Potter looked really confused for a moment. Severus continued his previous thoughts. - "You too, Black, are an idiot. Why did you think it was a good idea to bring an invisibility cloak to school? Who even gave it to such an idiot as you? What are you planning to do with it? What were you previously planning to do?!"

"Please calm down Sev-" - Potter started, but it did not get the best reaction from Severus, who frowned instead of truly calming down. Instead, the young Ravenclaw boy pointed his finger at the Gryffindor's face, who raised his hands up in defense with a very confused expression on his face, and spat out:

"Do not call me Sev! That is for Lily only!"

"Sorry! Sorry! Just please listen to me Se-Snape! Please just listen! We just wanted to go to the library, which you were just exiting, and perhaps find something for our huge prank!" - Potter said with his dopey grin back on his face. Severus stilled.

"A prank?" - he questioned simply. His fists balled. He remembered their pranks. Oh, he remembered them very well. Every single one of them. Black slapped a hand over his face. Severus ignored him. He breathed in and asked calmly, yet with hardness in his voice:

"What kind of a prank are you planning? Will it be harmful? What will you be- Who will you be pranking? Hmm... let me guess... the Slytherins? Because I am afraid I just can not allow that!"

"Uhm... We thought about pranking everyone. In the great hall... yeah... yet we do not know what will we be doing. We want something simple, perhaps related to our recent lessons? In fact, we were just going to the library for inspiration! Do you want to come with us? I mean, do you want to help us? We would appreciate your help!"

"We would not-" - Black tried to inject, but Potter sent a light jinx the boy's way (when had they learned that?), and the rich, but hated by his own family, was forced to shut up. The Gryffindor dork was smiling at Severus as if he expected something and grinning like the biggest fool. Severus sighed. He did not want to come with the two Gryffindors anywhere. At all. But he needed to make sure they did not do anything stupid or harmful.