CHAPTER 79. Chains And Stolen Property

Start from the beginning

"And if I refuse..." I trailed off, mouth dry.

River gazed at me. "You die, very simple,"

My chest tightened, and my eyes flickered around the room. "Kill me," I said weakly, there was no way in hell I would betray the ones I loved like that, to live, if it would even be living.

I still trembled, my mind screaming at me, that dying was ridiculous. We could always pretend we never made a deal, but I tightened my resolve and closed my eyes. "You'll have to kill me then," I spoke firmer and opened my eyes slowly, meeting River dead in the eye.

Aaron looked surprisingly pleased by my words and he glanced at River, who licked his lips and ran a hand through his hair. "Well I stand corrected, not as basic as I assumed." He murmured.

Aaron walked behind me and I flinched as his hand touched my back, expecting pain at any moment. A clink- and I fell to my knees, hands freed, causing me to fall.

I waited, and waited, then lifted my head up and peeked up at them. "We're not killing you," Aaron said in amusement and put something in his pocket.

"You said you were!" I accused, and Aaron raised an eyebrow.

"Did you want me to kill you?" He asked and River glanced down at me.

"A mysterious girl for sure," his voice almost sounded teasing, and my face heated.

"I'm fine with not dying," I muttered and rubbed my red wrists. I glanced at the soldier in front of the door before I stilled, a hand being offered to me.

Aaron was offering me a hand, eyes gazing down at me as I hesitantly lifted my hand to take his. He pulled me up and I swiftly pulled away as my body brushed against his.

I rubbed my left shoulder anxiously. "So you're not killing me?" I asked, tone pressing, I had to be sure.

"No," River said easily and turned, his back facing me. "I'll let you have your fun, Aaron, I have things to attend to." He sounded incredibly ominous to my ears. River looked over his shoulder and met my eyes.

I waved weakly, unsure as to why I even did it, and his lips lifted slightly, his face hidden from me as he walked to the door and murmured something to the soldier there.

I held my hands in front of my, holding my fingers tightly as I slowly looked at Aaron. "You have me, now what?" I asked under my breath, not even entirely sure I wanted to know the answer to my question.

Aaron looked at my face and I stared back at him, searching his face, hoping for something to differ him from the Aaron from my world.

Of course there was nothing though, they looked identical. "What an interesting question," Aaron said and motioned the soldier over. I looked between them nervously, waiting.

"Take her where we discussed, and don't talk," Aaron told him and smiled slightly. "I'll be with you shortly, Raven,"

"Joy," I muttered unhappily as the soldier signaled me to follow him.

I followed him into a crisp white hall, the floor beneath me freaking marble. I glanced at pillars and paused as the soldier opened a door for me. I stepped inside curiously, hearing the door close behind me

I looked around the large room in wonder, finding myself moving forward and standing in front of a table, filled with scattered maps and papers.

I lifted one up and squinted, knowing just enough to know it was Russian, which made my lips part as I looked around with a new light, this was Aaron's room.

I moved to a window and looked out, shocked at how high up I was. I pulled back, wiping the mark my face left with my sleeve.

The space was spotless, and- and, that bed looks really soft. I was one of those fancy canopy beds, with a large black blanket.

I looked around suspiciously then touched my palm to the bed, feeling the soft mattress. Damn, is this one of those Purple mattresses I see commercials for or something?

Sleeping probably wasn't a good idea, but I was tired, and I was alone with a bed! Screw it, sleeping was a fantastic idea.

I jumped into the bed and slid across the bed with a content sigh. I'd deal with everything later, right now, some good rest was in order.

Because I did very dumb thing when I'm tired- well, I always do dumb things, but more dumb things when I'm sleepy.

***

  Humming, soft humming was what I woke up to. My eyes fluttered open, my head in someone's lap. I jerked upright and wiped my mouth in horror, pushing my hair from my face. "Good morning," Aaron told me, rubbing his thumb along something in his hand.

I gulped and quickly wiped my eyes before blinking at him startled. "How long have you been watching me sleep Edward Cullen?!" I demanded.

Aaron let out a small laugh. "I'm a werewolf," he gazed at me as I sat on my knees, staring at him with wild eyes.

Something felt off, not I thought Aaron did something to me, there just as though something was missing.

Aaron curled something into his fist and gazed at me. "Sleep well?"

I shrugged. "One usually does after getting hit by a truck, I was exhausted," although now that I was awake, I couldn't help but realize sleeping wasn't the brightest idea.

I couldn't have been more vulnerable. I touched my neck and paused, looking at Aaron, startled. "You took it!" I accused, lips parted.

Aaron lifted up the red choker the Aaron from my world had gifted me. "Oh? This? I gave it to you, didn't I? It sounds like something I would do,"

I moved forward, reaching out as if to take it from his hands. "Give it back, it's mine," Aaron pulled it out of reach, seeming entertained.

"Is it though?" His tone was mocking, and I reached out, body pressed against his side as I tried to grab it from his hand, frustration and annoyance bubbling up within me.

Aaron paused and his eyes drifted over my face as I focused on the collar- and my fingers brushed over it.

Aaron grabbed my shoulders, the red of the choker flashing before my eyes as I was pushed down, a startled cry leaving me as my back smacked into the bed.

He dangled it between his fingers, gazing at it with more interest "I think I'll hold onto it for now,"

I glared at him, temper flaring. "It's mine, give it back-" I gasped as his hand landed on my throat, making my words get lost. My body tensed as his hand simply held my throat with the smallest pressure, a warning.

Aaron held up my necklace, gazing at it. "You seem attached to it,"

I scowled. "It's mine, that's why, it was my -" I stopped speaking, I didn't need to tell him it was Aaron's second gift to me.

"Your what?" Aaron asked and pressed the red choker to his lips curiously. His hand was hot on my throat, eyes thirsty as they watched my every move, tuned into my every breath.

"It's mine," I repeated, not really having much else to say, I just wanted it back.

My eyes grew huge as he bent his head down, nose touching mine. "What will you do to get it back?"