the showcase

"When I look at you
You make me wanna sing
And tell me now
What your heart believes is true
And leave me behind
If that's what you need to do"

Song- "Rose" by Briston Maroney
________________

Rose believed that in life, there are certain important days that will lead you to some of the biggest events in your life

These days aren't as huge as a wedding day or having a child or being promoted at the job you've been clawing at for so long, they fall under more of a subcategory of that. The days that will lead to all the bigger picture events, stamping in a moment of destiny for your future.

Rose had a feeling that today was one of those days.

It was the day of the showcase, her first ever event where people would be getting to see the art she's created. People would get to see if she's actually got a future in this career, or if she should've just taken a simpler route in college and not wasted her time.

It could make or break how she feels about what she can do. This is her day, and there's a large knot in her stomach that's twisted with excited nerves for what's to come.

But there's something else about this day that seems different to her, and she can't exactly pinpoint what it was. It was a beautiful sunny day all in the afternoon, and the weather is perfect going into the night, there was no special holiday going on, Rose just had a feeling that there was something more to this day.

She would find out why she feels this way in just a matter of time.

Rose got to the event center about thirty minutes before the doors opened, making sure everything was in place for her display as she didn't want to take any chances. It was about five minutes till seven now, and Rose paced about in her delicate pastel blue heels in front of her display, waiting for the announcement of the doors opening so the night could get started.

She wasn't exactly sure when she should expect Taylor or Luke to show up, she's been trying to stay off her phone today with everything going on, but she was eager for one of them to show up and put her at ease a little. Rose has never been the best when dealing with strangers, and now there would be so many unfamiliar faces coming up and judging her work.

Luke's always been the best at helping her calm down in situations like this, but she needs to start seeing Taylor in that way. Every time her mind starts to wonder off in the sticky, sweet caramel direction of Luke, she's got to shake him off and remember that Taylor is the one she's with.

It just doesn't help that most of her art is dedicated to Luke.

Hopefully, no one will pay much attention to that.