what we do instead of saying sorry

"Hold me close but at a distance
Thinking I don't ever listen, but I do
I know sometimes it gets confusing
You might be lost but I ain't losing you"

Song- "Fire Away" by Niall Horan
__________________

Song- "Fire Away" by Niall Horan __________________

Rose was absolutely fuming

Her tiny little ten year old self was filled with more rage than ever before, and it was all thanks to her so called best friend, Luke.

"Can you believe that? I mean, we're always partners. And now because of him, I have to find someone else to do the project with!"

Rose was ranting to her dad while she munched on her bag of cheetos after school, going on and on about how Luke picked Evan to do the project with instead of her.

It was like some unspoken rule between them; anytime there was a school project, Rose and Luke would be each other's partners with no questions. But when their teacher asked them to pick a partner for their new project, instead of Luke going straight to Rose, he went straight to some kid who thinks of himself as the class clown.

And he didn't even bother to ask Rose if she was okay afterwards. He just left her to fend for herself in the dust.

Rose wouldn't be as upset if she had another friend in her class, but she doesn't. Luke was all she had and he knew that.

Little Rose was always sticking her head in a coloring book or talking about her love for Elvis Presley, she didn't have so much in common with all the other kids in the class. But Rose wasn't bothered by that because she had her best friend, Luke, who adored every part of her.

"I don't know, flower. Maybe Luke has a good reason for picking Evan, did you talk to him about it?" Rose's dad, Joseph, asks her as he grabs one of Rose's favorite vinyls to help cheer her up.

The second Joseph places down the vinyl on the turntable and let's the needle down on the record, Rose immediately recognizes the sound of Come Together playing through the speakers. Her ears pick up as she smiles to her dad for putting on one of her favorite albums.