CHAPTER 78. Rescued By The Enemy

Start from the beginning

The dull sound of clicking heels told me Kayla was walking away, and I was glad for it. I'd probably just scream at the woman- speaking of woman, couldn't Clair have kept following me?

The one moment I was left to myself- bam! Universe said challenge accepted, and it was ruined. I rubbed my hair in irritation, annoyed that I simply had to wait.

Their was no one for them to barter with, except for Clair, and she wasn't who they wanted. And besides, I had an odd feeling she'd come up with some excuse to just leave me in here.

I entertained myself by closing my eyes and pretending I was somewhere else, preferably naked with my... huh, should it be men, mens, or mans's? Doesn't matter! Naked with my guys and faith, on a bed as wide as the-

Footsteps, damn, and my fantasy was getting gosh darn good too. I slowly opened my eyes from where I was on a dirty concrete floor, gazing as a man emerged from the stairs.

I had never seen him before, but from the way he was looking at me, I would say he had noticed me before. He grabbed the bars and leered at me.

"Girl," he greeted slowly.

"It's Raven to those who care to greet me properly," I drawled lazily, worn from all the stress and being freaking knocked out by a truck- well, it wasn't really a truck, but when I told the story later, it would be.

I watched his dirty hands slide up and down the bars as he gazed at me. "You're extremely beautiful," he told me as his eyes roamed my body. "I've been watching you from a distance, not very often, but enough, I'm one of the top guys you know, I helped form the resistance."

Woohoo, don't care in the slightest you creepy asshole. "I'm a minor," I lied effortlessly, not sure if I should be scared or not. I didn't think he'd have keys.

He didn't seem to care about my words. "Age is meaningless,"

I raised my eyebrows and sat up slowly. So is your heartbeat, but you don't see me going and spewing my opinions.

"Look, thanks, I appreciate your.... kind words, but I'm taken," I raised my hands and sighed as the thin but strong looking guy put his trembling fingers into his pocket.

"I work so hard, I deserve this," he whispered and I stiffened, realizing quickly that he had ill intentions he intended to put into deed, and not just thought.

"Deserve what?" I demanded, rising to my feet and backing away from the door. "Don't do something you're going to regret,"

The key turning as loud in my ears and I froze, staring at him like a deer in headlights. So Many thoughts flew through my head at once, leaving me dizzy.

Did he really intend to try something like this?

Were these the type of men who ran something meant to lead the people towards freedom?

Do things like rape really happen like this?

"You stay away from me," I snapped and gazed around the floor, for something to defend myself with. A terrified gasp left me when he grabbed my wrists in a bruising strength.

He was some kind of shifter, and easily a hundred times stronger than me without my magic. I wrestled to pull away, and my head was slammed into the wall behind me.

White flashed in my mind as hot pain erupted in my scalp as I was shoved to the floor, the man eagerly sliding his free hand along my body as his other tried to pin my hands as I wrestled to be free of him.

This was not happening.

I wouldn't let it, no way in hell was I letting some strange perverted man touch me- I let out a scream that could probably awaken the dead from their slumber as his greedy fingers touched my chest- and my magic flared, strong and unforgiving, sending him flying into the metal bars behind him.

I rolled onto my side and gasped through hiccupped sobs as an odd flash filled the room. I heard the man struggle to his feet and icy cold fear left me frozen once more.

I scrambled backwards and paused, blood spurting from the man's lips before he crumbled. I stared at 'evil' Cross with huge eyes as he tossed away his knife carelessly.

"Seems you don't choose the best of friends? Do you?" I stared at his boots, watching them come closer to me before Cross kneeled and placed his fingers under my chin, lifting my head.

"He was going to rape me," I blurted, feeling my whole entire body tremble.

Cross glanced at the corpse with a grin. "He was, was that sorcery you used? Very interesting, I didn't know that was possible,"

I met his dark eyes. "Thank you," I said sincerely.

Cross paused, surprise flickering on his face before he grinned, bending his head, lips near my ear. "Not a problem sweetheart, just following orders, although, I've been given quite a few I don't want to follow."

I inhaled - and I felt myself relax without thinking, he felt and smelled like my Cross, dark and rich.

"What orders?" I questioned in a small voice, heat radiating from his body, which was incredibly close to mine.

"Orders like keeping my hands to myself," Cross mused and I swallowed nervously. "Something tells me you'd like it if I didn't,"

My pupils went wide. "I'm taken,"

Cross stroked a finger down my cold cheek, sending shivers through me. "By me, isn't that amusing?"

"You're not my Cross," I said sharply and he pulled back, giving me smile, showing his vampiric fangs.

"Aren't I?"