chapter 26 (the real one)

"Damn... L is quite a pickle now, isn't he?", Y/n commented.

" We'll probably get called by L soon, don't you think??", Y/n looked at light.

"I think so too..", said Light.

"But I wonder... If L dies just like that, wouldn't it a little...

Anticlimatic...??"

Y/n thought out loud.

********************************************************

"

It's decided , then Yagami-kun and y/n-kun can aid while being ignorant that we suspect a second kira.", Said L sitting in his weird position

"B ... But won't that make it difficult to work with each other?", Matsuda questioned.

"Yeah. Why do we need them the first place?", Aizawa also voiced his concern.

"You misunderstand the reason... we're hiding our suspicions is so that we can get his opinion on the tape.

After he has done that , we will pursue the second kira together.", L said.

All the people in the room were confused by L's statement.

L continued.

"Both Y/n kun and Light's investigative abilities are top - notch.

They will probably also believe there is a second kira after seeing this."

"Ryuuzaki, I thought your conclusions came from the fact that the forecasted victims were different from the usual victims.", Matsuda just couldn't understand L's thought process.

"I considered our previous assumption of kira needing both a name and a face to kill.

But seeing as how the fake kira killed the policemen and gave off the impression that he could kill l as long as he saw him

It is safe to conclude that this impersonator can kill based on sight alone. That is very different from the kira investigating we had been doing", L explained.

"Either our previous assumption was wrong , or kira has somehow become more powerful", Aizawa commented.

"If that is the case , the criminals who survived kira's assaults due to having incorrect database entries would be dead already", said Mr. Yagami

"I just want to observe how Light-kun and Y/n san respond to the videos. If they say something like "there maybe a second kira", they are basically cleared off any suspicions", L said casually and Mr. Yagami looked at him with shock.

"What do you mean, ryuuzaki??", Mr. Yagami asked.

"Kira has been itching to get rid of l since Lind L. Taylor's death.

In four days, I will be on tv and he won't need to do anything. I think the true kira wouldn't let this chance slip by so easily.", Said L

"But even if he does come to that conclusion, L will still die. So how does suggesting the possibility of a second kira clear any suspicion.", Aizawa questioned.

"This is a way", said L.

"Since the second kira seems to idolize kira, all we have to do to stop him... is to fake a kira video telling him to stop.

If raito-kun or y/n-kun is kira, they won't help us make a video and let me die instead." L concluded.

************************************************************

"Light, ryuzaki would like to invite you and Y/n into the investigation. If you wish to do so, please come discretely . We're at ***"

The voice of Mr. Yagami echoed in light's quiet room.

"Just when I was wondering how I will ask... They come knocking", Light said as he ended the phone call.

"Now , I'll know everything that's going on in there , as well as investigate the fake kira
Now the main goal is to get information on the fake kira before l does ."

Y/n looked at the ceiling somehow bored...

He suddenly looked at Light and said, "Hey Light... You seem to trust me quite a lot... What if I suddenly decided

To betray you?

Y/n said looking straight into light's eye with eyes of a mad man.

A shiver ran down Light's spine and he flinched.

"Just kidding", said Y/n returning to his usual demenour.

Ryuk started laughing like crazy.

" Humans.... Are.... So..... Interesting", he managed to say in between his laughter.

"W-why would you joke like that?", Light asked shakingly.

"Hmmm... It's just that I am getting a bit bored.... Even though I am watching in first person mode...", Y/n said.

'First person mode??' Light thought.

"Anyways I am going home now... Big day tomorrow", Y/n said as he left Light's room and closed behind him.

Light stood there for a long time, in a daze.

Then soon after burst into fits of laughter.

" Kill him.... I should have killed him "

----------------------------------x-----------------------------------

Yo readers!

That really was a really bad joke for the readers...
(feels so good to be the author in this situation lol)

Anyways... Y/n is trying to make more chaos to make it interesting....

Y/n is going to be this chaotic nuetral character that doesn't care
whose side he is on lol

He just whats that light and L both survive in the end....

Lets see how the story progresses...

-jackdaw