chapter 9

*Time skip to 5 days*

(Ryuk will come in the evening so currently just light)

It's been five days since light got the death note and an unknown force is killing all major criminals of the world.

People are calling this unknown person or organization KIRA which is the Japanese word for 'killer'.

Websites have been created by the people supporting Kira and the ones who know they have done something wrong are hiding in fear bla bla bla all the other non-sense.

My day begins quite normally.

Get dressed, prepare breakfast, pack the bento, and exit the house.

" Morning Light...", I wish light as he too exits his house.

"Good morning to you too y/n", light responds.

We both start to walk towards the school.

"Light did you see the news apparently criminals are all dropping dead across the globe", I start.

"all of them by heart attack... What do you make of this?", I ask him. " I think someone is doing it"

'yeah no shit sherlock' I think.

"but either way killing is a crime even the person killed is a criminal with a horrendous record", light finishes.

"A pure heart... Always in the right... Sometimes I wonder if a person like you can even exist light", I say as I walk forward feeling light's stare piercing my back.

*Time skip to the end of the school*

So today is the day Ryuk will come... can't wait...(can you feel the sarcasm dripping for every word he speaks).

Honestly, I can't believe nobody heard light talk to ryuk... Or maybe they thought he was singing a song or something... That could be possible.

And within a few days Lind l. Taylor, now that is something I am waiting for...

Maybe I could spy a little on light to hear one of my favourite lines from the show-...

"Y/n??..."

"Y-yes", I reply.

"You are spacing out... We were discussing about (random topic)", light says.

"Oh was I?... I was just thinking about that Kira guy... ", I say.

"What about him?", light asks curiously.

"Hey, light answer it honestly, Are you Kira?"

I ask him with a serious face.

He abruptly stops and flinches.

"Why do you think I am this 'Kira'...", Light asks.

'that's because you are him'

"No reason... Just confirming... Cuz I'm going to catch him... Even if you are Kira... Don't tell me... ok??", I reply.

"The game wouldn't be fun anymore if you did..."

"Oh well bye light...", I say walking towards the door of my house and light snaps out of the daze he is in and replies, "y-yeah see you tomorrow y/n", And We both go inside our houses.

*Time skip to evening*(or night Idk ...whenever ryuk comes)

'It's about time for the shinigami to come' I think as I look out of my window.

I see light's back towards the window of his room. 'Guess he already here... Pretty sure light is giving his becoming the god of the new world speech.

Hmm... Mrs. Yagami called me for dinner today too, how convenient...'

I get ready and head towards the home in front of mine and ring the bell.

Mrs. Yagami opens the door, "oh y/n, come in come in", she invites me in.

"Good evening Mrs. Yagami, you look happy today did something happen??", I ask although I know it's light being the no. 1 on the national mock test.

"Oh you noticed, Light stood first in the national mock test in the entire nation," she says giggling.

"Is that so?... Well, I knew Light will be first...", I say politely.

As I was talking to Mrs. Yagami, light comes down.

"Hello y/n" he says.

"Hey light" I reply.

"Mom we are going to my room is that ok?", Light asks Mrs. Yagami.

"Sure", she replies smiling.

We both head up into light's room.

<3rd pov>

Light and y/n enter light's room where ryuk is.

As soon ryuk sees y/n, his eyes grow wide and then he begins to laugh.

"Your room never changes light..",y/n says,"every time I come it's the same..."

"Well unlike you I keep my room clean...", He replies.

"Messiness is the sign of genius, don't you know light?", Y/n says mockingly and light just shakes his head in disapproval.

"Is this your friend, light?? What an interesting guy...", ryuk says unheard by y/n but clearly heard by light.

"By the way light, I just noticed it... You look thinner, are you ok??", y/n asks even tho he knows the reason.

'nothing escapes your eyes huh...', light thinks. "Y-yeah I'm under a lot of stress recently because of all the studying", he struggles to reply, and y/n stares at him suspiciously.

Y/n gets up and walks towards light and hugs Light.

" Study is important but nothing is more important than your health...", y/n says.

Light stiffens up because of the sudden hug and blushes but hugs back.

" Oh does light kun have a crush...", Ryuk says teasingly and light glares at him.

Two friends hugging each other...

This is exactly the scene sayu walks into.

Her eyes widen and her first thoughts are,

"My brother is gay..."