Chapter 27: What the Fuck(4)

Start from the beginning

"You are strong!"

Knowing that the young lady he had fallen for was strong made Toonka excited. His eyes sparkled as he looked at Cale who was looking down at him.

Cale's eyes twitched. She was looking at Toonka in disgust but Toonka seemed to pay no attention to it.

"Ancient power is something so strong and you have it so you are strong!"

"How do you that the power I am using is an ancient power?"

"Because if it was magic, it didn't affect me much because I have magic resistance."

'Smart.'

Cale raised her brows as she was impressed by Toonka's intelligence. He can be smart sometimes but mostly he was stupid, Cale knows that for sure.

"I heard you often went out and saved people. Are you here because you know that I'll jump into one of the whirlpools? Don't worry! Hahaha! I am so strong! This is just a child's play for me!"

Cale's eyes twitched when she heard Toonka's nonsense.

'I even glad if you were sucked by the whirlpools and die.'

However, if Cale thinks carefully, it will be her disadvantage if Toonka dies here. Not only the Roan Kingdom will be the non-mage faction's enemy because their general died in the Roan kingdom, but she might also have zero chance of getting the Magic Tower too.

She will lose her money!

Cale slowly makes the whirlwind that was surrounded Toonka disappeared after having that scary thought. She continued to look down at Toonka who was smiling widely.

“Do you have any thoughts about destroying the Magic Tower?”

Cale without beating around the bush asked Toonka what she wanted directly.

“What? What did you say?”

Toonka’s eyes opened wide in shock. His expression seemed to be asking how Cale knew about it.

Destroying the Magic Tower. That was one of the goals of the non-mage faction from the beginning.

“If you plan to do so, please do not destroy it too much.”

Toonka's expression darkened. The smile on his face a while ago suddenly disappeared.

"Why do you want Magic Tower?"

His voice sounded deep and threatened as he spoke. Cale didn't know why Toonka was suddenly wary of her even though she already proved that she was not a mage but Cale ignored that and then continued to speak.

“Ah, but please kick out all of the mages.”

"Huh?"

Toonka's face became blank in confusion as he looked at Cale. Cale started to smile while looking at Toonka.

“I plan to purchase that Magic Tower.”

Toonka frowned but continued to listen to Cale's wishes.

"Since I was little, I was curious what the view is like on top of the Magic Tower that's why I planning on purchasing it."

Cale lied smoothly while was observed Toonka's reaction.

"But how did you know I from the non-mage faction?"

Cale pretended to be confused then tilted her head.

"You are the one who told me."

"Huh?"

Cale faked a chuckle before continue to speak.

"You said earlier you have magic resistance. Isn't that enough to tell that you are part of a non-mage faction?"

Toonka laughed out loud after hearing what Cale just said. His smile appeared on his face once again, even wide than before.

"You are also smart, my lady. Okay, I will not destroy the Magic Tower too much.... Wait— I will not destroy the Magic Tower at all. I will sell it to you as good as new and I will clean up everything for you. No mage or even magic device in it!"

Cale was satisfied with Toonka's answer as she nodded her head. She never thought purchasing the Magic Tower will be this easy when the important person was fallen for you.

It may sound cruel but Cale decided that she will use Toonka whenever she needs to achieve her slacker life.

There's no way he will say no to her, right?

Cale smiled gently toward Toonka before summoning the Indestructible Shield.

"Thank you, Bob. I appreciate it. Well, anyway since you will be going back to the Whipper Kingdom tomorrow, I'll help you find a ship."

"Really? Hahaha! Thank you!"

Cale nodded her head before slowly floating into the air.

"See you tomorrow."

Toonka excitedly waved his hand to Cale that was getting further away from him while was bidding his farewell out loud. His voice was too loud that Cale thought it could be heard until the Lord's castle.

However, Cale had no desire to turn her back so she just ignored Toonka's voice and then continued her way to the next island.

She still needs to make the whirlpools last until next year anyway.

••••••

The morning comes and Toonka is finally on his way back to the Whipper Kingdom. He didn't even forget to tell Cale his real name before he depart which no a good sight to see.

Cale was sure she was not in a romance novel, so why did the scene where a man shouted his farewell towards a girl happen?

It even makes the fishermen nearby misunderstood by it and keep saying 'Oh young love' and 'If only my husband were also as sweet as that'.

Excuse me, ma'am?

Sweet?!

You called that sweet?! Huh? Looks like the romance in this world is broken if that unnecessary shouting has been called sweet.

Cale just ignored all the chuckles that she heard and all the eyes on her as she continued her way towards her residence.

Beacrox already waiting in front of the door when she arrived.

"The two blue-headed siblings already waiting for you in the guest room," Beacrox said as he lead Cale the way.

Cale just followed Beacrox from behind as they walked toward the room. Beacrox does really fill his father's position of serving her.

Thinking about it makes Cale sigh. She can never escape from these vicious father-son duo. Hopefully, Ron get back soon so that she can send them away sooner.

As soon as they arrived in front of the guest room, Beacrox immediately opened the door. Their arrival had been greeted by the Whale siblings, especially Paseton. He seemed excited as he looked at Cale.

"Young lady Cale, good morning!"

"Good morning, young lady Cale."

Cale nodded her head and then walked towards the seat that was in front of the Whales and had been separated by a table in between.

Beacrox also takes a seat next to Cale while his sharp gaze never left Paseton.

"Good morning."

Cale smiled warmly.