He had promised Rosalie to be there whenever she needed him. A promise that he broke at the most crucial time.

     So no, A voice kept on telling him that he had no right to be terrified about what happened to her, because nothing could compare to how Rosalie felt the night of the last moment of her life.

     What made the vampire even more guilt stricken was that voice was Rosalie Hale's.

~

     Once he caught a glimpse of the sign saying "The City of Forks Welcomes You!" . Sebastian drove up to the house that he had bought after knowing where the Cullens are.

     "Who the hell thought that it's a good idea to name a city after a utensil?" That was the vampire's first thought. "What? Is there a 'spoons' as well?"

Thinking of ways on how to blend in with the city, The Donovan was forced to make a choice that he hated. It was to go back to school.

Being more than a century old vampire doesn't mean your body ages. He's a 349 years old vampire in a 19 year old's body. How weird is that?

     The raven-haired vampire didn't have much of a choice. No one likes school. He couldn't be a Doctor because Sebastian didn't trust himself too much with human blood despite his experience. After all, his gifts takes a toll on his body that not even animal blood can relinquish.

     He could be a cook, but then again, every food tastes like dirt to vampires. An engineer? No, to much noises. A lawyer? I bet the judge would just be irritated with the attitude of his. Or a teacher! But what does irks him the most are airheads.

     Not to mention most of them are hormonal teenagers. Sebastian didn't have the patience to be one. Who knows, maybe because of that job, he'll drink human blood again.

     And so, the conclusion be a bloody student once more.

     Sebastian didn't have a hard time locating the school. The red bricked walls and the white rimmed windows were a bit fogged as the rainy season began.

     The halls were quiet as the students who were attending summer class were clad up in the classrooms. Some were loitering outside.

     The vampire didn't know whether the professors couldn't see them or they over all didn't give a damn anymore. He didn't care nevertheless.

     "I'd like to enroll myself in this school."
The vampire requested at the registrar's office. "12th grade."

     "Aren't you the new professor?" The woman asked.

     Taking in his appearance, the woman shamelessly looked him up and down. It was a bit odd for her. He looked young, but also too old for this. The only explanation was Sebastian's outfit for the day. A three-piece suit.

     "Hold on one second." The woman replied, to which he later found out that her name was Miss Brown. "Do you have the requirements needed?"

     "Certainly" Miss Brown was handed a long brown envelope containing the said papers.

     Everything was forged. From his birth certificate to his 11th Grade report card. The latter didn't need any parental consent due to the Certificate of Birth saying that he was 19 years-old.

     "Would you like to pay through cash or installment?" Miss Brown inquired.

     "I'll write you a cheque." The latter shrugged.

     Once again, Miss Brown looked at the young vampire incredulously. What 19-year old student has a cheque?

     She didn't question it anymore as it didn't matter as long as she gets paid. "All set, get your schedule on the first day of school."

     The vampire only nodded in response before walking away. A mumble reaching his ears. "Generations these days, doesn't even know how to say thank you. Talk about respecting their elders."

     Normally, Sebastian would only be irked and annoyed before leaving. But that made him smirk as a thought crossed his mind.

     "Oh Darling, I'm older than you Great-Grandmother."

~

   Later that day, Sebastian had a call from Kate Denali herself. "So how are you settling in there? Found them yet?"

     "I haven't, but now I'm positive that they currently reside here." The latter replied, "I went to the hospital and they informed me that Carlisle was on a getaway with his family and will return one week from now."

     "How exactly do you plan on blending in that place?" Kate asked

     "As much as I despise it, I'm enrolled as a student. Term starts in two weeks." Sebastian shrugged, "Though they did mistaken me for a professor."

     "What did you wear when you went there?"

     "My usual daily attire." The latter replied.

     "Oh my god!" Kate exclaimed, "Sebastian, teenagers these days don't wear clothes like that!"

     "And why should I care?"

     "Look, if you want to blend in, you got to adjust to the place that you want to live in." The Denali exclaimed through fits of laughter. "Lose the Suit Jacket, the Vest, and the Tie."

     "What should I wear then?"

     "The internet exists Mr. Donovan" Kate remarked, "Look it up."

     "Moving to a new bloody place is so tedious!" The vampire groaned in annoyance, "At least the people here are a bit tolerable. For now, I suppose."

     "You say bloody a lot!" The Denali teased, "Didn't you say you were Italian?"

     "I am Italian." The raven-haired vampire clicked his tongue. "I just spent way too much time in England. Did you call to criticize me?"

    "No, but annoying you is fun. I see why Tanya does it." The blonde chuckled, "Oh and Sebastian?"

     "What?" The Donovan replied

     "Tone down the Formal English."

     "Let me give it a try... How about this?" Sebastian smirked as he prepared to get an earful.  "No. fucking. way."

┍━━━━━✿━━━━━┑
End of Chapter 12
Forks, Washington
┕━━━━━✿━━━━━┙

Unedited

04 - 07 - 2022