Prologue 3: A Cruel Answer

Start from the beginning

"Wow, as wonderful as ever." he praised. "Any and all magic gets sealed by your Unique Magic, Riddle-san." A greedy glint shone in Azul's sky-blue eyes as he spoke. "I simply must have it..." he whispered before he paused and corrected himself...slightly. "Err, I mean I wouldn't ever want that cast on me."

The four girls then decided that now would be a good time to ask Crowley about sending them back home, and they went right over to him to do just that. "Um...excuse me? Headmaster Crowley, we—" Alice started to say when he suddenly whipped around and gave the girls a heated, disapproving look.

The four girls flinched and backed away in slight fear as Crowley began to scold them

The four girls flinched and backed away in slight fear as Crowley began to scold them. "You must do something about this! It is your familiar, after all!" he chided. "Properly discip...!" That's when Kira's patience finally snapped.

"HE'S NOT OUR FAMILIAR!!!" she shouted at the top of her lungs, making Crowley flinch. "...Eh? It's not yours?" he asked, taken aback by her outburst. Kira rolled her eyes. "Ugh! How many times do we have to tell you?! He was never ours to begin with!" she said impatiently.

"When we woke up here, he was the one who opened my coffin." Alice added calmly. "And we've tried to tell you that he wasn't ours from the start." Crowley paused for a second before he gave an astonished look, feeling pretty embarrassed for falsely assuming that Grim was the girls' familiar.

"Y-You did?" he asked. The girls all nodded. Now that he thought about it, it was impossible for someone without magic to even gain a familiar. After realizing his mistake, Crowley blushed a little before he quickly cleared his throat and regained his composure.

"Ahem! Anyway, let's get it out of the school at any rate. We won't turn you into a stew. For I am gracious." he said, straightening himself up. He then turned towards the students. "Someone help, please."

Two students emerged from the crowd and walked up towards Grim. They grabbed hold of him and dragged him out of the room. "Gyaaaa! Let me go! I'm going to, going to... Become the greatest mage!" Grim shouted at the top of his lungs as he thrashed around, trying to free himself.