Prologue 2: The Entrance Ceremony

Start from the beginning

"As the dormitory leader of Octavinelle, I will support you to the best of my ability." he said with a sly glint in his eyes. "By the way, where did the headmaster go? He flew out right in the middle of the ceremony..." a tall, beautiful-looking man with lavender-highlighted champagne gold hair and amethyst eyes asked.

"Abandoning his post..." another voice said, but in a bit of a whisper. A floating blue tablet instead of a person was in place. Most students were confused as to why a tablet was being presented instead of the real person.

"Did he get a stomachache or something?" a young boy wearing a turban asked worriedly. He had short, choppy pearly gray hair, garnet red eyes and tanned skin. Before anything else could be said, the doors suddenly flew open and Headmaster Crowley suddenly barged into the room.

 Before anything else could be said, the doors suddenly flew open and Headmaster Crowley suddenly barged into the room

"Not at all!" he exclaimed, gathering everyone's attention. "Ah, he's here." the red-haired boy said. Crowley let out a sigh of disappointment as he placed his clawed hands on his hips.

"I cannot believe you all. We were missing four new students, so I went to find them." he huffed, addressing the six students. He then turned his attention towards the four girls. Crowley saw that the girls were hiding behind a black curtain and smiled kindly. "Come on now. Don't be shy." he said gently.

If there was one word the four girls could use to describe the situation they were in, it would have to be "embarrassing". All around them, they felt the stares of the young boys surrounding them in the Mirror Chamber, whispering about them.

Though they were somewhat grateful that their robes' hoods obscured their faces from everyone's sight, they didn't feel very comfortable with the stares of that many people in one room. In fact, Madison was clinging onto Anna's arm like a lifeline. Sensing her discomfort, Anna gently grasped her hand.

The four girls hesitantly walked their way into the Mirror Chamber. "You four are the only ones yet to be assigned a dormitory." Crowley said as he guided them across the room. "Dormitory?" Talia asked curiously.

"The dorm leaders here will brief you about their respective dorms once you've been selected by the Dark Mirror." Crowley replied, pointing to the large mirror in the room. "I shall watch over the raccoon, step in front of the Dark Mirror."

"Mghgmh!!!" the cat creature screamed in a muffled voice as he squirmed in Crowley's grip. Following Crowley's word, the four girls carefully made their way towards the large ornate mirror. Green flames flickered within the mirror and a large pale face resembling a masquerade mask floated in the middle.

 Green flames flickered within the mirror and a large pale face resembling a masquerade mask floated in the middle