Chapter 13: Playing with Fire

Start from the beginning

"What are you doing?" I questioned.

"In my room." I heard Valerian say which made me crease my forehead.

"What?"

"Now," he added with a cold voice before he started walking upstairs leaving me so confused about what he just meant by saying 'in his room'.

I furrowed my eyebrows when I realized that there was no one breaking into his house and it was just him who caused all the noises. It was him who broke his expensive vase because he is drunk.

I never knew a vampire like him could get drunk. This is a piece of new information for me.

I should have just made him drink alcohol and kill him after rather than exerting effort in cooking to plant the poison that won't work.

Even though I'm still confused, I followed Valerian into his room.

I was about to open the door of his room but I halted.

I've never been into his room and I don't know what I will see inside.

Fuck. Why on earth would he want me in his room?!

What is happening?

The last time I saw him is when our last interaction in the kitchen when he confronted me about me trying to poison him and us accusing each other again and again.

After that, he just left without saying any sigh and I didn't bother saying anything anymore because I got him mad for trying to poison him and I don't know how far can he get when he's really mad. Valerian hurt me when he tightly held my jaw and when he pushed me to the wall and choke me but that was just it. I don't want more-- I don't want him doing the thing he would always threaten me with-- tying me up in his basement.

I can't deny that I got scared when I can't find him in his house after we had a fight because not seeing Valerian means there's a possibility that I will get hungry and I won't be able to feed on his blood because he's not around. I'm relieved that it was just a day since he disappeared and he's here now.

Craving for his blood feels like hell and being deprived of it is much worse.

I took a deep breath before I turned the doorknob open.

The cold ambiance and darkness welcomed me as soon as I opened his room.

"Hello?" I called as I stayed in the door frame.

I can't just enter recklessly because it might be a wrong move to make.

"Come in."

I heard Valerian's voice from the inside but I can't see him anywhere because all I can see is darkness.

I can't help but feel nervous.

I hate that I trained so hard to fight but I can't help but feel helpless and threatened in times like these. I got nothing compared to Valerian and I hate thinking about it.

"Come in, Natasha." I heard him say once again.

But I didn't. I stayed rooted in my spot contemplating if I should obey him and come in or walk away and lock myself inside my room although I know it would have no use since he can just easily break-in.

And if I know one thing about Valerian Fenrir, he hates when I'm disobeying him.

"I won't bite," Valerian added.

I swallowed hard.

I slowly took a step forward with my heart beating fast.

My breathing hitched when I felt Valerian's arms around me all of the sudden.

"You're taking too long and you know I'm impatient," he whispered as he blew a breath in my neck.

I repeatedly cursed inside my mind and deeply closed my eyes when he pushed me.

I was expecting a hard wall to hit my back again but I was shocked when I landed on a soft surface instead.

Very soft.

Fuck.

My eyes widened when I realized that he pushed me down on a bed.

His bed.

Before I could even say anything, Valerian towered over me. His hand is both beside me, cornering me.

"What are you doing?" I breathed.

The light that was coming from the moon outside illuminated his face and seeing the mischievous look on his face made my heart leap.

"Valerian," I called almost choking on my own words.

It became hard for me to breathe upon realizing that our faces are literally inches apart.

There's an unexplainable feeling inside my stomach all of a sudden and I feel like suffocating for an unknown reason.

Seeing him this close-- although not clear is enough to send my mind on haywire.

I tried to push him away but he didn't even budge above me.

"What do you think you're doing?" I asked faking an annoyed expression to hide my nervousness.

Valerian didn't say anything and so I didn't say anything causing us to stay in our position in deafening silence for a couple of minutes.

It was really awkward; the silence and the thought of him being above me.

Shit.

As the seconds go by, the darkness slowly fades away indicating that it's almost morning.

"Your lips are looking extra luscious."

My mouth gaped upon hearing what Valerian just said.

"And when your mouth gape like that, it's hard for me to stop myself from claiming your lips and tasting you," he added making my heartbeat went crazy inside my chest.

I was completely taken aback by his words and I don't know what to say.

Shit.

What is happening right now?!

"Natasha," Valerian softly called.

So soft-- there's no hint of anger or threat by the way he says my name right now unlike the previous time he would call me.

I sucked on my lower lip.

A thousand bolts of electricity ran through my body when I felt his touch.

He took a hold of the sleeve of my shirt as he slowly pulled it down.

"V-valerian," I stuttered.

I was supposed to ask him what he was doing, and ask him to stop but seems like my mind betrayed me, and I said his name instead.

I felt the coldness of his fingertips touch the skin of my bare neck that me made shiver.

"I own you," he whispered.