•25•

Angry? Yes!. I'm angry

Ruby just hugged Carlos for more than twenty seconds and I could see him get all touchy.

What?

In the parking lot.

He winks at her and she smiles back as he walks away.

She walks to her motorcycle parked next to my car.

"What was that?" I ask her and she quirks a brow.

"What?"

"Why'd you hug him. That way?"

"Oh,that," she sighs. "He was gonna hurt you"

She begins to grab her helmet.

"No,no.. wait.. tell me more" I beg.

"He wanted to give you some injuries and I begged him not to,so he said he wouldn't unless I hugged him in public. I know, that's petty,but whatever" she shrugs.

"He was gonna hurt me?"

"Yes, really bad. He said he wanted you to limp at prom. And I overhead so yeah...that was the outcome"

"You hugged him...for me?" I say.

"Yes,it was a good hug though"

"I give better hugs" I say.

"I know you do" she laughs.

**** **** ****

I'm currently playing with Esme when Toby and Rylie walk in.

Toby has his hand slung around Rylie's neck and she's smiling.

"Hey guys" I say

"Oh hey Jason," she looks at Esme. "Oh my gosh! She's here" Rylie shrieks and walks over to Esme who's currently chewing on her finger.

"Hey dude" Toby and I do that handshake thingy.

"When you left for school earlier," he sighs. "There was a mail for you" he reaches in his pocket and pulls out a rumpled paper. I notice the name of my dream college is written in bold at the top of the paper. RICHFIELD'S ARCHITECTURAL COLLEGE.

"Why is it rumpled?" I ask.

"Because it was in my pocket," he shrugs. "Just read it"

When my eyes scan through the paper,I look up and just as I'm about to speak,I hear a pop.

"Congratulations!!!!! You did it,Jason" Rylie claps as some champagne pours out of the bottle she just popped

"I did it? I did do it! I did it!" I reply with a smile.

"Yup," Toby grins. "You did it!" He pulls me in for a hug and ruffles my hair.

"I'm resuming next month" I grin as I read the paper again.

"Yes,yes you are" Toby grins.

"I'm so excited!! Oh gosh,this isn't happening!-oh wait,yes it is!!" Rylie grins with enthusiasm and I chuckle.

Wait a millisecond.....

If I leave,then....  Then I'll be far away from my friends.

And Ruby.

Oh shit,I gotta make a move.

Fast.

"It's in Emerald City" Toby adds.

I read the paper again.

"That's far from here" I reply

Rylie nods and sniffles.
"I'm gonna miss you so much" she coos.

"I'll-I'll miss you too" I reply quietly.

"What's wrong?" She asks.

"My-...my friends. I won't get to see them as frequently anymore"

"Aww,Jason," she coos and opens her arms. "Come here" she gestures and hugs me.

"I'll miss then," I reply. "we've done everything together for years,I can't just leave them. That's not fair"

She plays with the tip of my hair and sighs.
"They're also gonna have to leave you to pursue their dreams," she says. "They will eventually have to leave"

"But it sounds so hard" I groan as we pull away.

"Then spend the little time you have left with them. Take every second with them as if it were gold"

*** """ __-_-__--_++_-?

"I...I don't know what to say," Dante sighs deeply. "Graduation is on Friday,and you're leaving next month"

I nod as I drink some water.

"What about Ruby?" Ace asks.

"I haven't told her yet" I reply.

"I suggest you should," Kelly chirps in. "I'm not sure how she'd feel,but you have to tell her. Very soon"

"Yeah,is today alright?" I ask

"Today's gone. Tell her tomorrow" Kelly replies.

I nod and I drink as much water as I can. If I'm gonna tell Ruby I'm leaving,then...I have to be prepared

"I still can't believe it" Dante sighs as he looks at his shoes.

"Me too," I add. "But it's a good thing, right?"

He looks at me,and a smile forms on his face.
"Of course," his smile becomes wider. "You're admitted to a very good college. Of course it's a good thing. We're supposed to be celebrating,but we've just grown too attached that we need the news to register in our brains" he says and I smile.

Hey guyss, thank you so much for reading. I hope you loved this chapter 🦋🦋🦋🦋

Love: Melanin3000💜💙