The War of 1812

Hello Everyone Today will be talking about one of the odds wars in american history called "The War of 1812" this was a war like the The Revolution with America fighting with England, so let's learn about the War of 1812, also i did a video on the Treaty of Ghent which is what ended the war so if you want to see that i will link it if you are reading this one wattpad because i also posted this on there then you should go to part 7 anyways let's begin from the Wars Abroad Section in the Story of America cards.

(What was the War of 1812?)

The War of 1812, was a conflict fought by the United States of America and its indigenous allies against the United Kingdom and its allies in British North America, with limited participation by Spain in Florida. It began when the US declared war on June 18 1812 and, although peace terms were agreed in the December 1814 Treaty of Ghent, did not officially end until ratified by Congress on February 17 1815.

The Tensions originated in long-standing differences over territorial expansion in North America and British support for Native American tribes who opposed US colonial settlement in the Northwest Territory.

(How and Why The Odd War Began?)

It was surely the Strangest armed conflict in United States History, The War of 1812 was declared two days after one side repealed the law that had caused the conflict. It was supposedly fought over the right to freedom of the seas and yet the war began with a land invasion.

The Biggest Battle Took Place 15 days after the peace treaty was signed and the peace treaty itself did not settle any of the issues that had brought on the war in the first place!

The War of 1812 began officially on June 18th 1812, when the United States declared war on Great Britain. The Americans were angry for one thing, because of England's Constant meddling in Northwest territories.

Where they armed Indian tribes and sent them on raids against the american borders, The Americans were even more upset when in 1806, England decided to ruin France, whom the british had been fighting off and one since 1793, by blockading the seas, In so doing they also prevented Americans from trading with France.

Still Another cause of American anger was the British Impressment of Seaman, because it needed more sailors to carry the Blockade, Britain claimed the right to stop any neutral ship and carry off those men who had been borned in England, The Impressed Sailors were then forced to return to England and Eventually serve in the British navy.

In the process, the British managed to carry off a number of sailors who had become American Citizens, and so the United States declared war, Unfortunately, Congress did not received the memo that 2 days earlier, Great Britain had lifted the Naval Blockade, Perhaps the most remembered incident of the war on August 24 and 25 1814, (That's right near the day of birth to say at least).

When British Troops Invaded Washington D.C and Burned down the Capitol and the White House, by then the British had grown weary of the high cost of fighting the war.

The Americans Agreed and a peace treaty was signed at Ghent, Belgium, (This Became Known as the Treaty of Ghent), On December 24th in the Meantime British Troops over 8,000 strong marched towards New Orleans, unaware that a Treaty had already been signed.

On January 8th 1815, The Battle of New Orleans Took place only the bravery of General Andrew Jackson and his sharpshooters prevented the British from Capturing the City.

Ironically, the peace treaty did not touch on any issues that had caused the war, Not one word was said about the Blockades or Impressment, These disagreements simply faded away over the next few years.

(Ending)

That is the end of the War of 1812 from The Story of America Cards, I will see you next time, and again i did made a video on the Treaty of Ghent from it's own story of america card so if you want to see that video I'll make sure to link it anyway see you soon.